It is currently Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2.0dci With DPF Fitted - Which Oil ?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:57 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Diesel Aventura
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Black
Mods: Reversing sensors, Intercooler grille, Black gear stick, LED lights, DRLs, Black alloys, Headrest DVD, Oil Catch Can, Dashcam
brorabongo wrote:
This stuff any use?

http://m.tesco.com/h5/groceries/r/www.t ... =266473314

Looks Like a good price.

I had a quick look and it's an amazing price! However, even though it says "C3" in its description, I had a look at the same oil in another website so I could look at the specs, and it is NOT ACEA C3 - it is actually ACEA A3 B3/B4, so is NOT suitable for the M9R engine with its DPF :bigcry:

Sorry!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:07 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Mods: Reversing sensors, Intercooler grille, Black gear stick, LED lights, DRLs, Black alloys, Headrest DVD, Oil Catch Can, Dashcam
bloggsy wrote:
brorabongo wrote:
This stuff any use?

http://m.tesco.com/h5/groceries/r/www.t ... =266473314

Looks Like a good price.

I had a quick look and it's an amazing price! However, even though it says "C3" in its description, I had a look at the same oil in another website so I could look at the specs, and it is NOT ACEA C3 - it is actually ACEA A3 B3/B4, so is NOT suitable for the M9R engine with its DPF :bigcry:

Sorry!

Cheers

Bloggsy

D'Oh! :oops: Just realised that the oil I was looking at wasn't the one mentioned in the offer (it's got a different picture on the packaging). I've checked the Opie Oils website:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-69393-castr ... e-oil.aspx

and this has the same packaging as the one in the offer from Tesco and Opie Oils says it IS ACEA C3 and suitable for engines with a DPF fitted, so it looks good. I also had a look at the rear of the carton in the photo's and it does say ACEA C3 in the back.

Apologies for the confusion - I've just come back from nearly 2 hours of training and I'm knackered!

I'm going to shower and collapse in bed now - LOL! :lol:

Cheers

Bloggsy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:00 pm 

No probs.

Ordered 5 to get over £40 in basket, and £1 home delivery. Now off to find a filter.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:36 am 
Xtrail Nut

brorabongo wrote:
No probs.

Ordered 5 to get over £40 in basket, and £1 home delivery. Now off to find a filter.

Cheers.

I usually go for Eurocarparts as they're round the corner from me and are really quick when you order online (I just order online and drive down to pick it up!). They also provide you with discount codes to use online (I think it's 30% this weekend) but Milner Off Road also do a service pack (air and oil filters - and other filters if needed) but they have to deliver.

Don't forget that you may need to replace the crush washer in the sump plug and you'll need a 'key' to undo the sump plug. Not sure what yours is, but mines is '10mm square' (the first time I did my own oil change I also needed a breaker bar) as well as a 27mm socket for the oil filter housing (again - that's my Exy - you may need to confirm yours).

Hope you don't think I'm teaching granny to suck eggs (what that saying actually means is beyond me! :lol: ) but I had a few 'false starts' when I first started doing this!).

Cheers

Bloggsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:11 pm 
Off Roader

My handbook for a 2.0 DCI platinum says C4 oil which seems rare type having had a look around the net and even Nissans oil for dpf models is a C3. I find this strange. I had C3 put in last year so I just hope that there is no detrimental effect on the engine or the dpf. I haven't had a problem since its been serviced so fingers crossed ...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:18 pm 

Car:: T31
Model: Tekna
Year/Plate: 2009
Colour: black
Purchased from Renaultcarparts_uk (selling on ebay) 20 litres of Elf Sporti 9, 5w-30 fully synthetic ACEA C3 , meeting correct spec for X Trail with DPF for £48 delivered free.