Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

What sort of towball?

12K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  slowbow 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi - Just bought a 57 plate 2 litre diesel X-trail (T31?) and am very pleased with it. I could do with some advice on the towbar though, if someone could oblige:

There is a towbar fitted and I had assumed it was factory fitted until I read some of the posts. My problem is that it didn't come with a towball and the hitch itself looks unusual (to me) Picture:
X Trail towbar.jpg

Can anyone tell me what sort of towball I could get for this - I was hoping for a swan-neck type.

Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like a detachable to me with the 13pin euro connector. Have a good rummage around in any compartments in the boot and under the boot floor around the spare wheel. Usually where they are stored when detached. If not contact the previous owner. He might have it in his garage.

#9 ·
slowbow said:
Hi Chris - yes it does, thanks

Bertye - you were right.

I'll play around with mine a bit later on to check that it is this type. Anyone know if the detachable bit is sold separately?
They used too at a price, but I could not find one on their site, give them a ring. Seem to recall it was about £200 ish, might be wrong.

#11 ·
slowbow said:
Just been to a Witter installer and they have confirmed it is the one that's been identified - £217 for a new swan-neck!!!

Thanks for your help chaps - much appreciated.
It is very substantial / heavy, and has what seems a complex locking mechanism so I'm not surprised at the price.

#13 ·
Thanks biddz - I don't think that one will fit an X-Trail. I have seen one on ebay that will though, for £188 - although I haven't paid for it, I have ordered it now, so I'd best stick with the Witter fitter - at least I know it'll definitely fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.