Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Pulling away

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ahto42 
#1 ·
So sold our van today had to deliver it few miles down the road had to stop on a hill wit traffic lights on on pulling i stalled it second go had to really get revs up to get going does any one else have this and what size vans do you pull t30 . Mine emty is 1150 kg

#4 ·
I have just started towing a caravan with mine as I dont think foreign travel will be the same for a long time mine is 1445kg plus whatever gets packed inside and tows it ok sometimes I feel like its a bit under powered but it could be a incline on the road or something, first time I towed it it was fine getting at around 65-70mph but the last couple of outings it seems to prefer 50-55mph before it starts to weave a bit.

#6 ·
I tow a caravan with my T31 and it barely knows it's there. It's not a particularly big or heavy caravan though, only about a ton, but the outfit goes up hill and overtakes as if the car was on its own. I sometimes find myself checking its still there! My X Trail is automatic which I find is a big help.

#8 ·
Colster said:
Perfect getaway car.

I have towed 2 1/2cubic meters of firewood. It was hard, but we managed. Had to drive on wet grass uphill a few hunderd meters with no swet. On the motorway, i used manual mode to rev higher.
And reversing with a heavy trailer in an automatic, is easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.