All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: OBD reader for 2002 YD22DDTi
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:25 pm 

Car:: X-TRAIL
Model: T30 2.2 Di Sport (YD22DDTi)
Year/Plate: 2002/52
Colour: Zinc (KX4)
Hello everyone,

my T30 X-Trail was registered in December 2002. When I spoke to the Nissan helpdesk and gave them the VIN number they confirmed the engine type was YD22DDTi I also stumbled across a pdf document (ff2001_13) that shows the Europe X-Trail as having the YD22DDTi engine (at the top it says 'As of July 31, 2002' and at the bottom 'Nissan Fact File 2001-2002'). Anyway the car has started stalling and generally lacking power. A while back I had the SCV's replaced (another lack of power) and the fuel filter was replaced at the Nissan service in August (I always get them to replace this). I replaced the MAF sensor last week for a new one (from a Nissan dealer who sold it at a reduced price as they wanted to clear out old stock). I also replaced the air filter (Mann). Still the same problem. I was going to look at the EGR valve next but then found the TPS cleaning procedure which I will try first. Previously the battery negative earth strap was broken which I replaced (but will double check that it's not corroded). The car does mostly long/motorway/dual carriageway miles and the oil has also been changed around every 5,000 miles. What I'm hoping to get hold of is an ODB reader that will work with this Engine/ECU to perhaps verify the pedal sensor, I notice a lot of them are for diesel engines that are 2004 or newer. I don't have an Android phone but have a Windows 10 notebook. Does anyone have recommendations for an ODB that might cope and also any other likely reason for the stalling/restricted power ?

Thanks.

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
My Photo Gallery
 Post subject: Re: OBD reader for 2002 YD22DDTi
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:02 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Vauxhall Antara
Model: 2.2 cdti se
Year/Plate: 2012
Colour: Carbon Black
Mods: None
Unfortunately the 2.2di does not support torquepro and similar obd apps. You will need consult2 or similar software. The tps relearn is also not available.

Member Eoin is very knowledgeable in this area and hopefully will be along soon to give you better guidance.

Best regards
Milton :biggrin:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:08 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 2.0dci auto, LE
Year/Plate: 2012
Colour: Grey
Mods: Towbar, ptc heater fix, probright drl system, Eberspächer aux FBH with GSM remote.
Chineese Delphi DS150 works.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:53 pm 

Thanks milton and Ahto42 for swift replies. I called the Nissan dealer I normally use to get a service and they charge £40 (plus vat) per hour to diagnose fault which is cheaper than the £69 (plus vat) for normal labour. I then called a local garage I use that have replaced a wheel bearing, replaced an exhaust section and supplied tyres in the past (all at a really good price). They said they would put their diagnostic reader on without charge and see if they can locate the fault, then give a price to fix. I'm taking it to them Monday morning. I'll look into the Delphi DS150 though as well.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:39 pm 

Hi, the garage read a faulty MAF and TPS which wouldn't clear, I put the original MAF back on and got a refund from Nissan. I cleaned the throttle pedal circuit/contacts and took out the CONT fuses as described on the Australian web site to reset the ECU but problem remained. I called the RAC whose software couldn't talk to the ECU. He reckoned might be the EGR so I cleaned that (was sooty but springed valve seemed to move ok) but still losing power and cutting out. Seems to be getting worse. Tomorrow morning I'll check the battery earth cable underneath. I'll also check the ECU relay behind the parcel shelf which I read about. Failing that will have to take to nissan for a 'live data' check as suggested by the RAC. Although might try another more local garage tomorrow to see if they can diagnose as it takes a while to book up with Nissan.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:20 pm 

Battery earth connection and ECU relay both ok. Took to another Bosch garage round the corner, they confirmed the original MAF was miles out but after cleaning it code cleared (they confirmed the 'new' MAF which I still had wasn't producing any signal). No code from the TPS. Took it for a drive with 'live data' as still losing power and cutting out. They will check a couple more things but are thinking it maybe the SCV's (this would be the 4th pair including the original). They will let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:43 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Model: SPORT X 2.2DI with SAFARI LIGHTS
Year/Plate: 2003/53
Colour: ARUBA BLUE BW06
Mods: LED Internal and Number Plate lights. Double Din Parrot Audioline Stereo. Nightbreaker Headlight Bulbs. Rubber Boot Liner. Home Made Roof Rack for Safiri Roof Rails. Fire extinguisher. First Aid Kit. 12V tyre pump inflator.
car gauge pro on android works via an elm blootooth device as I have it working on mine. I have also had Nissan data scan working via the same elm blootooth

This is the bluetooth elm device i have which talks to the ecu.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-OBD ... 43f1f7e459

Kind Regards
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:47 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Mods: LED Internal and Number Plate lights. Double Din Parrot Audioline Stereo. Nightbreaker Headlight Bulbs. Rubber Boot Liner. Home Made Roof Rack for Safiri Roof Rails. Fire extinguisher. First Aid Kit. 12V tyre pump inflator.
One tip for making sure these work is to make sure you have nothing else paired with your android phone. You need to completely clear all paired devices off the relevant android phone. This might mean deleting any app that was paired and adding it again after I have a Sony Z2 which works perfect.

There is no I phone app that will work on the Di

Regards
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:15 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Hi further to my last post I thought I would just show you a photo of some of the parameters that you can read via car gauge pro on android.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:38 pm 

Hi mikeyseghill, thanks a lot for that, so there's a good chance the same set-up you use will work on my 2002 YD22DDTi, that would be really useful rather than relying on a garage reader. I spoke to the Bosch garage where the car is and agreed the next step would be to try swapping the SCV's as they no longer have any codes but the car is still cutting out and losing power. I told them that the SCV's had been swapped twice before and thought the 1st time they had been swapped might have been sub-standard valves. They will swap quality ones. I know the car was accidently filled with petrol before I owned it and driven before the AA was called, not very far I believe. However it could be that this is prematurely wearing the valves ? If it turns out to be the valves I wonder what would have cause the maf sensor to become dirty and the throttle pedal sensor to give a reading. The garage should give me a call in the next couple of days.