Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Warranty Wise is

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RUTXT 
#1 ·
My Xie came with a six months warranty from Warranty Wise that is due to run out.

OK I know it's a "How long is a piece of string" question but does anybuddy have an opinion on wether I should renew it or forget it or has anybuddy had any dealings or claims with them?

But I can't forgive Quentin Wilson, none had heard of "Full dealer history" till he came along!! Grrrrrr!

#2 ·
What cover do you have 12/120, 04/40. They are probably the best used car warranty company around but as with all these company's I would read the small print very carefully (as I am sure you do). I had a 3 month warranty on mine and when the osf brake caliper seized they said not covered as the warranty only covered the master cylinder and servo. :biggrin:

#3 ·
I've got mine covered with Warranty Direct. Made a claim of £400+ within days of taking out the policy. They paid up with no problem. Think I paid about £300 at renewal.
I did get a quote from Quintin Wilson's lot......more than double the price!
Must admit I wouldn't risk driving a Nissan without warranty cover. It is the most costly and unreliable car I've ever owned!

#4 ·
My considered opinion is......

they are ALL thieving, scheming, scamming barstewards who will find any loophole they can NOT to pay you.
They are "insurance" companies after all.. :roll: .....BUT..in my defence, I am a committed utter and total cynic about these things :whistle:
I'm sure there are probably some who have benefited by such cover...I just can't bring myself to actually pay one of them for it.!
I'll take my chances. ( a phrase taken from my "famous last words" library.. :lol: )

Neil

ps...I haven't forgiven Squintin Wilson either..dunno what for but I'll think of summat.!

#5 ·
I think I've gone with my gut feeling, not to extend the policy.

I have the equipment as well as these forums so I should be able to do the work myself even though terms like CDM, EDF, ROFL, ABC frighten me along with all those other gismos now fitted to vehicles……. I still have my 14Ib hammer & I can borrow a gas axe, what more can a modern mechanic need besides his youth?

#7 ·
Kipper-Sarnie said:
I think I've gone with my gut feeling, not to extend the policy.

I have the equipment as well as these forums so I should be able to do the work myself even though terms like CDM, EDF, ROFL, ABC frighten me along with all those other gismos now fitted to vehicles……. I still have my 14Ib hammer & I can borrow a gas axe, what more can a modern mechanic need besides his youth?
:lol: :lol: ...I think I'd be taking the same route KS...Gaffa tape, WD40 and a big 'ammer have always worked for me in the past..in various combinations..(except for the occasions when they didn't. :confused: )
I mean...you gotta have a bit of risk in ya life surely.! :roll:

Neil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.