It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Music playback
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:46 pm 
Soft Roader

Bus-man wrote:
tamango wrote:
So... the FM Bluetooth FM transmitter connects to the smartphone via bluetooth and sends the audio stream to the car head unit via FM, you must tune in the radio frequency. At the same time you can choose the frequency of the transmitter so to obtain minimum interferrence possible. I have already specified that many of the transmitters have that USB port for an USB memory stick with mp3 files. The device has controls for play, next song etc.
In this case it is just a plug and play device, put the stick in the USB slot and tune in the frequency; if interferrence occurs, you must fiddle a little the frequency of the transmitter and tune it in again.
As for the quality, probably a little expensive one means a better one. The shop selling it is important I think and if not happy you can always send it back and order or not another. I did not send mine, I was very happy with it. It was the best compromise.
Previously I tried an independent bluetooth speaker and I was even thinking of changing the head unit but I did not want to give up the OE camera and wheel controls.

Thanks, I think I get it now. So it would work with just a USB stick plugged into it, as I don't have a smart-phone only an ancient mobile phone. When that was made bluetooth hadn't even been invented. ;-)

Certainly the one I had which was 'Nulaxy KM18' you could play music from a micro sd card and it did have a usb port although if I recall it was for charging. The transmitter plugged into the fag lighter socket for power. I guess they're all much the same although some will have better features than others. If possible, whichever one you choose, see if you can download its manual from online and make sure it does what you need it to do before buying.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:23 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.0dCi Tekna 173
Year/Plate: 2011
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Nice full size mat in boot to stop dog sliding...and Celtic Remap 221hp!
I'm a little confused on this as you said you don't have a USB port so how can you plug an FM transmitter into it. I assume what you mean is you plug into your 12V power socket and then tune in the FM transmitter to an unused clear channel on car radio but that transmitter has the USB socket.................have I got that right??

Bus-man - have you not got the system with Sat Nav on it? If you have (and knowing you don't have the USB in armrest cubby) this just check to see if you have the music box. Press second button across the bottom next to FM and see if it comes up. Reason I say this is I understand you don't like playing CD's in case they get stuck when travelling but when stationary you should be fine. If music box comes up you can actually record the CD direct to the hard drive which takes loads. Having said that if you've not got it you're back to FM transmitter.

I'm lucky having the Facelift model Tekna Bose system in that mine does Bluetooth Phone and Audio so I can play Spotify music from my Smartphone through it. I also have USB in armrest cubby and have the music box hard drive unit which you can record to from either CD or USB :)

This seems reasonable and simple

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ORIA-Bluetooth ... 2247&psc=1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:24 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: Aventura Explorer diesel auto.
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Blue
Norfolk Jim wrote:
I'm a little confused on this as you said you don't have a USB port so how can you plug an FM transmitter into it. I assume what you mean is you plug into your 12V power socket and then tune in the FM transmitter to an unused clear channel on car radio but that transmitter has the USB socket.................have I got that right??

Bus-man - have you not got the system with Sat Nav on it? If you have (and knowing you don't have the USB in armrest cubby) this just check to see if you have the music box. Press second button across the bottom next to FM and see if it comes up. Reason I say this is I understand you don't like playing CD's in case they get stuck when travelling but when stationary you should be fine. If music box comes up you can actually record the CD direct to the hard drive which takes loads. Having said that if you've not got it you're back to FM transmitter.

I'm lucky having the Facelift model Tekna Bose system in that mine does Bluetooth Phone and Audio so I can play Spotify music from my Smartphone through it. I also have USB in armrest cubby and have the music box hard drive unit which you can record to from either CD or USB :)

Hi Jim, looking at the devices on ebay/amazon it does look like you just put them in the 12 volt socket and plug a USB stick into them.

I do have the sat-nav, but I don't think I have the hard-drive you mention. I'll have to check on that though as it is mentioned in the handbook. I have no idea how I would get a stuck CD out of the X Trail system, it was difficult enough getting one out of the system I had in my Volvo. At least I could easily remove the head unit and take it indoors to work on. I didn't use it again after that, but it had a USB port in it so I just used that from then on. Hence I miss having that in the X Trail. Pity mine doesn't have the optional one in the armrest. Strangely, the radio/cd player controls in my car don't look like any of the 3 options in my handbook. It is the handbook that came with the car though, and I also have the handbook for the sat-nav which is nearly as thick! Mine is the version of the sat-nav that can't be updated beyond 2013. No disks are available.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:36 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Hi Jim,

Just been out in the car and I don't think I do have the hard drive. This is the system I have.

Attachment:
DSCF3123.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:23 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Norfolk Jim wrote:

Problem sorted! Thanks Jim, I bought one of those ORIA devices and it works very well. Just tried it out on a trip out in the car and it plays my USBs just fine. Very easy to set up and I can also charge a phone from the second USB socket on it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:17 am 
Xtrail Nut

Model: T31 2.0dci auto, LE
Year/Plate: 2012
Colour: Grey
Mods: Towbar, ptc heater fix, probright drl system, Eberspächer aux FBH with GSM remote.
Search for xiaomi roidmi 3s. Has good quality.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:56 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Ahto42 wrote:
Search for xiaomi roidmi 3s. Has good quality.

Just looked that up and it is more than twice the price of the one I bought. My one has excellent music quality too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:32 am 
Xtrail Nut

Model: T31 2.0dci auto, LE
Year/Plate: 2012
Colour: Grey
Mods: Towbar, ptc heater fix, probright drl system, Eberspächer aux FBH with GSM remote.
From ali, they are like 20€
Another thing is to upgrade your stereo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:48 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Ahto42 wrote:
From ali, they are like 20€
Another thing is to upgrade your stereo.

That one is selling on Amazon at £25.31, whereas the one I bought was around £12, also from Amazon. It does all I want, and the music sounds great.