Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

2000 T31 Bluetooth Audio Frustration

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  malgpz900 
#1 ·
Apologies if this has been covered before.

I have just bought a 2009 XT Sport Expedition that has sat nav/bluetooth telephone/reversing camera and the CY08D head end. I seem unable to stream music through it from an iPhone 6. Has anybody got this working? Is there a similar head unit (as I see many tht look identical on Google but with different model numbers) that would allow this? Is this an issue with the iPhone model?

Is there a way to enable the A2DP profile from 'hidden menus' on the head unit?
If not, has anybody replaced this head unit and retained the reversing camera (not fussed about sat nav from 2009) and been able to use the stalk controls with the new head end?

Lastly are there any projects underway to install an iPad mini as a sat nav and music device?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Hi markchildsuk - welcome! :biggrin:

I'm not sure, but I think I've got the same media centre as you (with the reversing camera, **** nav and bluetooth phone). As far as I'm aware the unit does not have A2DP and the bluetooth is for calls only. I've got an Android phone, so can't confirm anything regarding Apple - sorry.

Also, I can't help you about replacing the unit but keeping the reversing camera, although now you've brought it up, I am interested to see if this has / can be done! :lol:

Cheers

Bloggsy

#4 ·
markchildsuk said:
I have just bought a 2009 XT Sport Expedition that has sat nav/bluetooth telephone/reversing camera and the CY08D head end. I seem unable to stream music through it from an iPhone 6. Has anybody got this working? Is there a similar head unit (as I see many tht look identical on Google but with different model numbers) that would allow this? Is this an issue with the iPhone model?
As far as I'm aware, it's to do with iOS 7.1 and after. Apples Bluetooth is not fully compatible with the headunit, so the functionality is limited. This is why Apple has launched Carplay and Carplay compatible headunits.

markchildsuk said:
Is there a way to enable the A2DP profile from 'hidden menus' on the head unit?
If not, has anybody replaced this head unit and retained the reversing camera (not fussed about sat nav from 2009) and been able to use the stalk controls with the new head end?

Lastly are there any projects underway to install an iPad mini as a sat nav and music device?
No idea about unlocking A2DP - a good internet search might give a better answer. The OEM unit is made by Clarion. You should also have a usb input, so you could use a cable if there is an AUX?

I used an Android tablet as a headunit - sat nav, diagnostics, radio, phone etc - same principle as using an iPad. You'll need a sat nav app that works offline (Scout?) Some info here if you're interested: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12714&start=10

IMHO it would be much easier to retro fit a full Android headunit, as many members have done. If you pull the original headunit, the connector for the reversing camera must be some standard type and most Android units will work with the steering wheel controls (an extra harness is usually needed with the Chinese units, branded ones many be Make/Model compatible).

Kind Regards,

Eoin

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.