Switch to full site
Click here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc
Post a reply

Stock headunit (CH340) - Unit works except for the buttons!

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi all,

I've just picked up my X-Trail today, a 2005 Sport model. It came with the stock Nissan CH340 unit (radio, 6-CD changer and casette player combined).

The unit itself seems to work fine, apart from all the buttons....the power/volume knob works, as does the LOAD/EJECT CD buttons, but nothing else responds. I can tune the radio, change source and skip tracks with the steering wheel control fine, but I can't save any radio stations, access the menu, etc as none of the buttons needed for this respond.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? The head-unit itself works fine, and I can't imagine that all of the buttons except the power would just stop working. Functions controlled by the steering remote are all fine. Is there some security lockout I don't know about?

Any help would be much appreciated - this car is destined to be a bit of a workhorse, a dog carrier and something for my girlfriend to take to her stables etc, so I don't really want to splash out money on a new headunit if I can avoid it - especially as it basically works - but I would like to at least be able to save a few radio station presets rather than having to tune into them each time I use the car.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Stock headunit (CH340) - Unit works except for the buttons!

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Well, I've been here for about 15 minutes and already made a mistake...just realised I posted this in the T31 forums.

Would a kindly passing mod be able to move it to the T30 ICE forums? Sorry!
Post a reply