It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Voice commands on T31 Connect system?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:39 pm 

Car:: Xtrail
Model: tekna
Year/Plate: 14
Colour: silver
I have loved my X-Trails (T30 and T31) and so am very pleased to have recently got one of the last T31s (173 Tekna) to come from Japan. It has the Bose sound system and Nissan Connect touch-screen Nav system.
I was disappointed and surprised that, after 7 years of using my previous T31's voice commands, I have to twiddle buttons and touch the screen to phone home and to be guided home. I guess I'll have to get used to pulling over! :bigcry:

I do have a question: Out of curiosity I pressed and held the phone button on the steering wheel to see what would happen. It 'beeped' and said something like, "State the category"! I said,"Phone home", as I had on my previous model, but knowing that I hadn't recorded any voice tags. After a pause it said," Command not recognised". I cannot get it to say anything now - but wondered if anyone else had noticed this response. I assume that the same unit is used in the USA and voice commands are activated there? There is nowhere in my car's set-ups to access them and they do not appear in the manuals.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Voice commands on T31 Connect system?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:47 pm 
Soft Roader

Model: Tekna 173
Year/Plate: 63
Colour: Black
Hi Gary that's very interesting mine is a Tekna 8 months old. Never thought about voice control before your post but now I'm intrigued, when the phone button is pressed the screen display reads "voice recognition mode on" or words to that effect. I have got it to suggest names to call from the directory, but it doesn't do anything.
As I write this I wondering whether it's picking the voice control from the phone which I don't use normally.
Just something else to fathom out.
Paul

Post subject: Re: Voice commands on T31 Connect system?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:17 pm 

Model: Tekna T31
Year/Plate: 2014
Colour: Greyish
Mods: Towbar
We've recently traded in our 08-reg x-trail for a new T31 & were also disappointed with the inability to use voice commands to dial; a backward step. However, after reading this post about pressing & holding the phone button, & after a lot of trial & error ( including a few embarrassing conversations with people I didn't intend to speak to), I think I can offer a solution although it's not ideal in that it doesn't show on-screen who you're dialling, although it does on the phone (other half holding & checking!).
Press & hold phone button until the ' mumbled' voice is heard, then say "A", followed by the name of the person you want to contact. Saying "A" seems to move the person's name to the top of the dialling list & dialling follows automatically.
Hope it works for you too & would be interested to know, in case I need to change phones in future.

Roger