All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Removing bult in satnav
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:01 am 

Car:: X-Trail
Model: Aventura Auto
Year/Plate: 2007
Colour: Blue
Mods: Standard
Is it possible to remove the built in satnav on a T31 and replace it with a double din dab unit please ? I'm looking at a car on Sunday which has the sat nav but I really want DAB and if the Nissan DAB unit doesn't work well I will need to ditch the OE setup.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Removing bult in satnav
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:10 am 
Xtrail Nut

Hi Patrick,

Don't forget to complete your profile, so that members are best placed to assist you: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4901

You can replace the the complete satnav unit - there are many choices and options available, from complete Android setups to, satnav only options etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221515766881? ... rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SINGLE-1DIN-C ... 0544&rt=nc

You'll need the appropriate Nissan to ISO cables and cables for steering wheel controls. Most head units also have the option of AV in, so you can hook up an external video source, such as a reverse camera.

Cables and patch leads etc can be sourced here: http://incartec.co.uk/Manufacturer/Mode ... owser.aspx

Kind Regards,

Eoin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:42 am 

Car:: X-Trail
Model: Aventura Auto
Year/Plate: 2007
Mods: Standard
Thanks Eoin, I will update my profile when I have my new car. Thanks for the help so far.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:53 pm 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: Sport Expedition Dci
Year/Plate: 2007 / 57
eoinsully wrote:
Hi Patrick,

Don't forget to complete your profile, so that members are best placed to assist you: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4901

You can replace the the complete satnav unit - there are many choices and options available, from complete Android setups to, satnav only options etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221515766881? ... rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SINGLE-1DIN-C ... 0544&rt=nc

You'll need the appropriate Nissan to ISO cables and cables for steering wheel controls. Most head units also have the option of AV in, so you can hook up an external video source, such as a reverse camera.

Cables and patch leads etc can be sourced here: http://incartec.co.uk/Manufacturer/Mode ... rowser.asp

Kind Regards,

Eoin

Hi Eoin, I was just looking through this thread and have been thinking about getting one of these double din units for my x trail and was wondering if you had put one of these in an x trail and whether it fit ok. I was also wondering about what happens with the current screen above unit as this unit will probably make it obsolete, Thanks very much, Terry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:55 pm 
Xtrail Nut

tezmil1 wrote:

Hi Eoin, I was just looking through this thread and have been thinking about getting one of these double din units for my x trail and was wondering if you had put one of these in an x trail and whether it fit ok. I was also wondering about what happens with the current screen above unit as this unit will probably make it obsolete, Thanks very much, Terry

Hi Terry,

As your posting in the T31 ICE section and your year is 2007, I take it your X Trail is a T31?

Can you tell me what your current set up is? Sat Nav and single Din headunit? A picture is always helpful.

There's lot of info and pictures of installs of double DIN replacements in the T30 section.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37209

Here's one of a T31 https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?196 ... -Trail-T31

Kind Regards,

Eoin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:55 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Model: T31 Diesel Aventura
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Black
Mods: Reversing sensors, Intercooler grille, Black gear stick, LED lights, DRLs, Black alloys, Headrest DVD, Oil Catch Can, Dashcam
Hi patrick1964 - what about getting a DAB add-on? That way you can keep the DAb unit when you eventually sell the car and saves all the messing about with replacing units and leads for the steering controls, etc. :whistle:

Also, you can still have all your usual functions (reversing camera, 6CDs, bluetooth) and it'll be a 10 minutes job to fit.

Cheers

Bloggsy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:38 pm 
Soft Roader

Model: Sport Expedition Dci
Year/Plate: 2007 / 57
Hi Eoin I hope you can see the image I posted as I had a bit of trouble uploading it. Anyway yes I have a t31 and as you can see there is the screen above unit so I was thinking that this screen will be obsolete without the unit
Thanks, Terry.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:04 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Hi Terry,

You could remove the sat nav and other ancillaries and sell the whole lot to offset the cost of the install. You can also get single and double din pockets, pop out drink holders etc that will fill the empty space.

Kind Regards,

Eoin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:08 pm 
Off Roader

Car:: X-Trail T31
Model: N-tec+
Year/Plate: '13 plate
Colour: Twilight grey
How do you actually get at the back of the Satnav unit - in my case a Connect 1 (with SD card, not DVD).

I think the power lead is loose, as the screen has just started to go blank (and audio cuts out) as I'm driving. The car is still under warranty (just) - it's having a service and first MOT next week, but if access is easy I'll have a go now.

I tried prodding around the trim with a flat-blade screwdriver but nothing seemed obviously keen to pop out. Also I couldn't work out how to remove the storage cubby on top of the dashboard which looks like it would help.

(If the unit is failing at least it's happened a whisker within the warranty period)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:43 pm 
Off Roader

Car:: X-Trail T31
Model: N-tec+
Year/Plate: '13 plate
Colour: Twilight grey
Nimby wrote:
How do you actually get at the back of the Satnav unit - in my case a Connect 1 (with SD card, not DVD).

Answering my own question - tried again with a wide chisel-knife and found the whole front bezel pops off from the side. There were no loose connectors at the back, and the fuse is OK, so the Connect1 unit itself has failed. Must be a PSU component or a dry joint.

Five days of warranty left...