Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Software Updates

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  John Willett 
#1 ·
Please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong topic or if this has been discussed previously.

I Have a Nissan X Trail 2012 model T31 and was wondering if there was any software updates for mobile phones ? . Apple I phone 5 does not fully work , but the I Phone 4 does, rather than changing phones is there any software updates for the X trail in order for the I Phone 5 to work fully.

#2 ·
What do you mean by "work fully"?

My iPhone 4S and, later, 5S paired up fine and I could send and receive calls through the X-Trail.

BUT - I could never get either phone to access the phone's address book memory. So, I just put the most common ones into the car's memory.

But as I never make calls whilst driving, this was no problem as I alway pulled over to make a call and could then just get the number from the phone's memory.

But, my 5S paired in exactly the same way as my 4S and there was no difference in access.

#3 ·
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum.

Please navigate HERE to complete your profile so that members are best placed to assist you . . . :thumbs:

Also a good idea to post the exact details of your sound system . . .

It's not an issue with the the iPhone 5, it's to do with iOS 7.1 and after. Apples Bluetooth is not fully compatible with the headunit, so the functionality is limited. This is why Apple has launched Carplay and Carplay compatible headunits.

Kind Regards,

Eoin

#4 ·
John Willett said:
What do you mean by "work fully"?

My iPhone 4S and, later, 5S paired up fine and I could send and receive calls through the X-Trail.

BUT - I could never get either phone to access the phone's address book memory. So, I just put the most common ones into the car's memory.

But as I never make calls whilst driving, this was no problem as I alway pulled over to make a call and could then just get the number from the phone's memory.

But, my 5S paired in exactly the same way as my 4S and there was no difference in access.
Sorry, the IPhone 5 will not play play music and it states not compatible with this device, which is not a big issue , as I can connect via usb, just a bit annoying that some phones work fully and some don't,

#5 ·
Stevext said:
Sorry, the IPhone 5 will not play play music and it states not compatible with this device, which is not a big issue , as I can connect via usb, just a bit annoying that some phones work fully and some don't,
Aah - that explains it.

I don't have music on my iPhone as I find MP3 sounds so horrible I can't listen to it - I always listen to music in the car from CD.

#6 ·
T31 62 plate Tenkara - Reference iPhone updates
Since updating a 6S iphone to IOS 10.2 I cannot connect to incoming calls, either through the car system or via the handset via the car system.
Any one else had any problems?
I've tried a 6s operating on IOS 9.3.5 still and is OK

David

#7 ·
Since updating a 6S iphone to IOS 10.2 I cannot connect to incoming calls, either through the car system or via the handset via the car system.
Any one else had any problems?
I've tried a 6s operating on IOS 9.3.5 still and is OK

Hi David

I have exactly the same problem, before the update to IOS 10.2, I could pick up incoming calls via the head unit blue tooth and use hands free without issue, but since when I press the button to take the call it cuts the call off from the car, BUT, leaves the call connected on the iphone, so if as I did you start cussing at the "stoopid" car, then whoever has called you can hear you through the phones mic. It took me a while to suss this out, I assumed when the call was cut off by the car it also ended the call on the phone, but this is not the case.

I will try to connect via the USB cable and see if that helps, but if anyone can shed any light on a fix for this then please let us know.

If using the USB sorts it, I will be back to let folk know :grin: :grin:

Neil

#8 ·
Neil
I had already worked out that the call was still connected on the mobile handset but you cannot talk to the call via the call loudspeaker or the car system. I can make calls OK and search numbers via the phones directory.
So it would appear that the Bluetooth facility is working OK but not the connection that answers the call.
I have raised a query with both Apple and Nissan Technical Help. Both suggested disengaging the handset Bluetooth connection to the car and reconnecting it. I have done this but no change. Nissans back stop was to go to the Main Dealer. I will get back to Apple to see if they can write a programmme fix, which they hinted at. Can you log a complaint with Apple as well as more power to the elbow, so to speak.

David

#9 ·
Betchworth said:
Er - there is no iOS 10.2 - did you mean iOS 10.02?

The latest version is now iOS 10.1 - have you updated and tried this?

So far I have had no problems with mt iPhone 6s with my T31.

#10 ·
John
I'm puzzled as I did 10.1 then a few days later it prompted me to upgrade again which I took to be 10.02/10.2 (?)
Having just checked my status it is now recommending I upgrade to 10.1 ??? which lists "Improves Bluetooth connectivity with third-party accessories"

I'll try it and report if it clears the problem.

David

#11 ·
Betchworth said:
John
I'm puzzled as I did 10.1 then a few days later it prompted me to upgrade again which I took to be 10.02/10.2 (?)
Having just checked my status it is now recommending I upgrade to 10.1 ??? which lists "Improves Bluetooth connectivity with third-party accessories"

I'll try it and report if it clears the problem.

David
It must have been 10.01 (10.0.1) originally, rather than 10.1.

Yes, 10.02 (10.0.2) came very soon afterwards.

These were mostly bug fixes.

Then 10.1 (10.1.0) came along later.

Hopefully it will fix your problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.