It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: T31 Stereo Upgrade
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:07 am 

Evening all,
First post and also first real dive into using a site like this so be gentle please. I have just bought a 14 plate X-Trail (I believe T31). It has a built in stereo and sat nav in a double Din unit with a single button underneath for activating the 360 degree cameras (Photos attached). The steering wheel also has controls on it. I have read a number of horror stories about the sat nav units in X-Trails and want to get rid of it. I would like to upgrade to a double DIN unit with a large screen such as the SPH-DA120.

http://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/ ... ifications

I have replaced a number of car stereos in the past so the steering wheel controls and procedure are all pretty standard to me.

However what I am wondering is how the new unit will react to the multiple inputs for the cameras. Essentially I need to know if the muti views are assembled before being sent to the screen by the factory fitted unit or if they are done seperately such that I could get all the views on a single screen on the new Pioneer unit.

I am also wondering what people would suggest for the DAB aerial upgrade for the T31.

Hope that all makes sense and I look forward to your input.

Thanks

James

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement