It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Poor radio reception and Bluetooth enquiry
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 am 

Hi all,

I'm having issues with being communicated to the outside world in my 58 plate T31 Nissan Xtrail 150bhp Aventura dci.

I'm suffering from really poor radio reception whenever I leave the city and get out in the sticks. In the city (Birmingham) it's absolutely fine, but pretty much anywhere else we can often end up losing radio altogether.

I've had a google and there doesn't seem to be a common problem with this, but I though I'd ask the great and the good on here. :-)

Next question: I've had a Parrot MKi9000 fitted to my car (about 10 months ago) for streaming music and podcasts, and this has turned out to be possibly the worst piece of automotive kit I've ever bought. I've had all sorts of problems which I needn't go in to now, (and of course, this may be linked to the radio problems and all might have been caused by the installer).

Does anyone have any other recommendations for fitting bluetooth into these cars? My/our cars already have bluetooth for phone, but I am informed that music works on a different protocol, so additional kit is needed.

Can I just also say that Bluetooth is definitely the way forward imo. I subscribe to Spotify (which I love, there are riches to be found in there, musically speaking) and I like podcasts too, so being able to play one's own playlists and podcasts on one's own smartphone (which also has satnav etc too) is fantastic, imo. Definitely the way forward for me. :-)

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Poor radio reception and Bluetooth enquiry
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:59 am 
Soft Roader

I feel your pain, I ended fitting a Pioneer double din screen. Bluetooth Audio, USB and the kids can watch films on the longer journeys. The factory antenna is powered, could the feed of been cut when the Parrot was fitted?

Profile Send private message