Switch to full site
Click here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc
Post a reply

Pin code needed after battery replacement

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi - had the battery replaced this evening. On starting the car I was prompted to enter a pin code for nav system. Does anyone know where I can find this. I have an X-Trail 2013 bought from dealer at 6 months old. Thanks.

Re: Pin code needed after battery replacement

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Normally given to the original owner, its up to them whether they kept the code in your handbooks or didn't..... failing that, i assume Nissan could advise it given time??
Martyn

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Thanks for that. Any idea of what I am looking for? Would it have been on a separate piece of paper?

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Sorry no, my T30 doesn't have Sat nav. I hope a T31 owner will post an answer here for you soon :-)
Martyn

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:35 am

2011 / early 2013 are programmed to the ecu no no code needed,

Mon May 01, 2017 11:41 am

Thanks all. Unit is requesting a pin code to be entered.

No way other than to get Nissan to take out the unit for the serial codes etc as NO info held by the branch or head office. Booked in for next week.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:14 pm

lesleysbee wrote:Thanks all. Unit is requesting a pin code to be entered.

No way other than to get Nissan to take out the unit for the serial codes etc as NO info held by the branch or head office. Booked in for next week.
More than likely the previous owner input a code number by the sounds of it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Pin code needed after battery replacement

Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:52 pm

hello .
can help me for pin code kia forte .
knafw411b5387541
thank you all.

Fri May 24, 2019 6:45 pm

*bump*
I replaced my battery yesterday (car now 6 years old and it was increasingly struggling to turn over).

On restarting my Connect 1 prompted for a PIN. I found the "Radiopass" card and entered the PIN but it was rejected. Then I remembered I'd had the unit replaced under warranty but they'd not told me the new PIN.

I phoned the dealer and the process is to enter three incorrect PINs so the unit locks out. It then displays Serial no, Device no and Device date. From these the dealer can look up (or generate?) the correct PIN.

The only problem is that you have to wait an hour of ignition-on time before you can enter the PIN.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 24, 2019 7:03 pm

Required details are already displayed!
Post a reply