Post subject: Android head unit
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:31 pm 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.0 Aventura T31
Year/Plate: 2009
Colour: grey
HI all

I am in the process of replacing my T31's sat nav system with a Android unit. I have done this a few times before in other vehicles, including my old T30.

I have a couple of questions I am hoping you might be able to answer, while i wait for a new bracket and ISO adapter to arrive.

I was hoping to use the existing camera - assuming ill have to resolder wiring. Does anyone know which wires are for the camera/reverse switch?

I need to attach the existing steering wheel controls to the supplied Android unit wiring. Does anyone know which are the steering control wires?

I was able to get a new fascia from Poland, very pleased with it, so I am really looking forward to sorting this upgrade. All I need once this is complete is a lower pocket to fill the gap under the stereo.

Thanks in advance

Clive

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Android head unit
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:14 am 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail t31
Model: 2.0 dci adventura
Year/Plate: 09
Colour: black
Mods: led cabin lights, andriod head unit(nearly done :-)
hi clive, am in the middle of doing this too, got my dash parts from latvia and radio brackets from germany! they hold the lower pocket

the iso harness is plug and play, worked a treat, also need a antenna adapter which has a lead you need to connect to +12v for the antenna pre amp.

i bought a adapter for the reverse camera, from incartec, so to use the cars camera, but it would not work, had +12v on the reverse switch line all the time, so radio was switched over to reverse, and got no video, no sure if it was no compatable or faulty

have since got a reverse camera kit, in middle of fitting.

head unit i have is a xtrons te706pe, have sat nav from synig installed, way better than the old outdated maps from nissan

good luck with your install

kenny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:17 am 
Soft Roader

ps meant to say, the plug in the back of your original sat nav screen, 24 pin connector is were the reverse camera sends its signas to.

kenny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:35 pm 
Soft Roader

Hi Kenny,

Thank you so much for your reply, I appreciate it. I'm still waiting for my parts to arrive, but I'll look into a new reverse camera kit if I can't figure out the wiring for the existing reverse camera. Kinda hoping I can. I have a similar head unit but it isn't xtrons. I do have a bunch of stress for the reverse switch, camera power and so on so I guess maybe just maybe I can make it work...!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:42 pm 
Soft Roader

oops, meant to ask - do you have steering wheel controls and if so, did you work out which two wires are used?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:49 pm 
Soft Roader

to be honist i not looked at steering controls, i think i would need help wireing that up, and dont really use them anyway.

i got a reverse camera kit, no quite finished fittting, took power from the reverse light, 2 bolts to remove and it pops out, rusted solid had to replace after, just split the supply , solder + and - volts to a wire bring up hideing under the boot seal. remember to water proof the connections, the kit has the wire to front of car, just pull up door side steps and hide it along there, hope to finish it at the weekend, weather and beer permitting :biggrin:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:16 pm 
Soft Roader

job done :biggrin:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:01 am 
Off Roader

Model: T31 2.5 CVT 4wd
Year/Plate: 2011
re: steering wheel controls ...they are dead easy to wire up.. check the thread..all the info is there..

https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 24cd28b7ce

if you have them already on the steering wheel ... then it really is gonna be a 10min job ... the relevant screenshot from the service manual is in the thread

any new Android head unit will have a 'learning screen' similar to the pic I posted ... it will be VERY simple

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:09 pm 
Soft Roader

thanks for that, i thought i would not need or use the controls, today took a run to carlisle from home, dumfries, a beer run to asda, stupid prices here for beer, £10 pack carling costs nearly £16 here!!!

anyway, found that the controls are needed, no so easy to adjust volume ect when driving, have ordered a interface from incartec, plus patch lead for chinese radio, have the controls just 2 wires to connect, should be easy

rear camear played silly b*****s with me, took bit time to sort, would no work then just worked, god knows , did find the cable supplied was short, just got a cheap camera with another cable , all working fine.

also ordered a duel fm/dab roof mount antenna, have a rtl-sdr stick, should be able to get a app for dab radio easy enough, am a radio ham, use sdr software on my computer

thanks for the info

kenny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:18 pm 
Soft Roader

Cheers guys.

Fitting mine temporarily this weekend as I'm still waiting for the cage to mount the stereo. I tested the unit tonight using a Connects2 and that works perfect. I've got the new facia and a cheap lower pocket but fitment looks a bit tight so I'm not sure how that's going to look ...