It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Updating sat nav
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:51 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Staffordshire
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 dci SVE
Year/Plate: 04
Colour: Black
I am desperately trying to work out how I can update the maps on my wifes 2011 X Trail so I can add it to her Christmas presents.
There is no sign of map discs with the car or a dedicated disc reader unlike our previous T30 which had the reader in the glovebox.
The system is a Bose system with music box.
Any help would be very welcome :bow:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Updating sat nav
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:44 pm 
Offline
Off Roader

Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 7:01 am
Posts: 184
Location: Northumberland
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.0 DCi N-Tec +
Year/Plate: 2013
Colour: Grey
Mods: Towbar + 13 pin electrics, mud flaps, front bug deflector side bump strips.
pete millar wrote:
I am desperately trying to work out how I can update the maps on my wifes 2011 X Trail so I can add it to her Christmas presents.
There is no sign of map discs with the car or a dedicated disc reader unlike our previous T30 which had the reader in the glovebox.
The system is a Bose system with music box.
Any help would be very welcome :bow:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updating sat nav
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:45 pm 
Offline
Off Roader

Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 7:01 am
Posts: 184
Location: Northumberland
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.0 DCi N-Tec +
Year/Plate: 2013
Colour: Grey
Mods: Towbar + 13 pin electrics, mud flaps, front bug deflector side bump strips.
[quote="pete millar"]I am desperately trying to work out how I can update the maps on my wifes 2011 X Trail so I can add it to her Christmas presents.
There is no sign of map discs with the car or a dedicated disc reader unlike our previous T30 which had the reader in the glovebox.
The system is a Bose system with music box.
Any help would be very welcome :bow:[/

Which model radio. Mine takes SD card. Got 2019 version sd card.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updating sat nav
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:16 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Staffordshire
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 dci SVE
Year/Plate: 04
Colour: Black
Not sure which model radio it has , just know it is according to what I can see in the navigation owners manual type B?
It has Bose badges on the speakers but I can't see much sign of amps under the seat or much in the way of extra speakers.
There is no sign on the central audio controls of a USB either.
It is a 2011 Tekna but not sure that will be of help.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updating sat nav
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:41 am 
Offline
Extreme Off Roader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 am
Posts: 287
Location: Naarfolk
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.0dCi Tekna 173
Year/Plate: 2011
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Nice full size mat in boot to stop dog sliding...and Celtic Remap 221hp!
I have a 2011 Facelift Tekna and the Sat Nav discs go into the CD slot just below screen.

The most recent maps you can get are end of 2016 and cost around £100 direct from Nissan/HERE maps.

I did the update and it also updates firmware allowing full postcode searches as well.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updating sat nav
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:06 pm 
Offline
Extreme Off Roader

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:54 pm
Posts: 235
Location: East Hertfordshire
Car:: Xtrail
Model: Aventura Explorer diesel auto.
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Blue
Norfolk Jim wrote:
I have a 2011 Facelift Tekna and the Sat Nav discs go into the CD slot just below screen.

The most recent maps you can get are end of 2016 and cost around £100 direct from Nissan/HERE maps.

I did the update and it also updates firmware allowing full postcode searches as well.


Hi Jim,
Do you happen to know if that would work with my early 2008 model? I could use postcode searches, which I can't do at present. I think my CD unit is in the glove-box, but I haven't looked yet.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updating sat nav
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:43 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Staffordshire
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 dci SVE
Year/Plate: 04
Colour: Black
Thanks for that Norfolk Jim, I think that the system is the Xanavi 9 according to what I have read as that is for the hard drive system.
I have found some updated maps online for much less than Nissan want. Going to take a punt on one of them and see how it works out.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updating sat nav
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:13 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:41 pm
Posts: 570
Location: N.West England
Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Aventura Explorer Extreme 173 144K
Year/Plate: 08
Colour: silver
Mods: Mods? Green stuff 6000 brake pads
Bus-man wrote:
Norfolk Jim wrote:
I have a 2011 Facelift Tekna and the Sat Nav discs go into the CD slot just below screen.

The most recent maps you can get are end of 2016 and cost around £100 direct from Nissan/HERE maps.

I did the update and it also updates firmware allowing full postcode searches as well.


Hi Jim,
Do you happen to know if that would work with my early 2008 model? I could use postcode searches, which I can't do at present. I think my CD unit is in the glove-box, but I haven't looked yet.


I don't think anymore updates are available for the x7 system. :bigcry:

_________________
Ken
Freelance Sound Engineer


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updating sat nav
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:53 am 
Offline
Extreme Off Roader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 am
Posts: 287
Location: Naarfolk
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.0dCi Tekna 173
Year/Plate: 2011
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Nice full size mat in boot to stop dog sliding...and Celtic Remap 221hp!
pete millar wrote:
Thanks for that Norfolk Jim, I think that the system is the Xanavi 9 according to what I have read as that is for the hard drive system.
I have found some updated maps online for much less than Nissan want. Going to take a punt on one of them and see how it works out.


Yes Pete that's correct but I not sure if the maps available elsewhere do the firmware update to allow postcode searches which are useful. I haven't found too many differences with road layouts but it was fun coming down the brand new section of A14 near Cambridge on Wed. It's only just opened and is wonderful new long section of dual/triple lane road. Car sat nav showed me in fields which is fine - might be able to get across them but Waze already showed it all. Must admit I tend to use Waze 90% of the time as very quickly updated if hold ups/accidents but only when signal.

Hi Bus-man - no sorry it won't work in a 2008 model.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updating sat nav
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:03 am 
Offline
Extreme Off Roader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 am
Posts: 287
Location: Naarfolk
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.0dCi Tekna 173
Year/Plate: 2011
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Nice full size mat in boot to stop dog sliding...and Celtic Remap 221hp!
I just looked up my model again and I got the Version 6 which was last quarter 2016 maps which arrived end of January this year but now there is a Version 7 says maps are Q4 2017 so 2 years old.

Hi Bus-man - looks like last update for yours was 2013 I'm afraid.

This link will take you to your model - simply click on model year.

https://nissan.navigation.com/home/en_GB/NissanEMEA/GBP


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group