Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

T31 Sunroof leaking

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Ahto42 
#1 ·
Hi

Have leaks both sides of sunroof. Have established that both tubes on either side from the top of the sunroof have been destroyed!! I have removed side pillar covers and partial headlining. All in little bits, I suspect someone may have used a drain type cleaner on them. Does anyone have a PDF of the sunroof and drains? I need to see how the drain tubes connect to the sunroof and what diameter tube I need to replace and repair?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

#2 ·
T31 - Part numbers 91390 - HOSE-DRAIN,FRONT, 91392M - HOSE-DRAIN,REAR RH. Google those numbers - should take you to exploded diagrams. From memory, the front hoses drain into the front scuttle and from there into the wheel arches. If scuttle drains are blocked may also cause water ingress into the cabin.

However thought that 2.2 only fitted to a T30. T30 parts 91390M - HOSE-DRAIN Rear, 91390MA - HOSE-DRAIN FRONT

#3 ·
Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. It is a T31. Sorry for confusion as had not updated profile. Currently have a T30 & T31. Does any body know what the hoses attach to? After just a brief investigation, there does not seem to be anything attached or around the front drain holes?

#4 ·
Hi

I have now had the front inside pillars off and managed to ease the headlining away. Attached new pieces of hose where old had disintegrated, BUT where does the hose end? Having tested the sunroof now have water in footwells both sides. From the PDF I have it would seem these hoses empty into the scuttle where the windscreen wipers are? Does anyone know how to gain access so I can attach new hoses? Also drivers side rear drain hose also damaged. Again how to gain access and where does rear hose end so that it drains via the body etc. Any help much appreciated. Many thanks.

#7 ·
I did just mine. Drivers side was glogged(LHD). Tried a 6mm OD 2meter hose and compressed air but no luck, just spashed the water and dirt in to the cabin.
They look like this
Head Human body Jaw Gesture Art

Head Drinkware Wheel Serveware Gesture

As you can see, No direct hole.
I removed the front pilat cover and knee panel, then underneath you can remove the hose .
Then took a sort philips screw driver(because no room under the dash) and just pushed everything thru.
The screw driver looked like it was pushed thru pure soil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.