Post subject: bluetooth audio
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:26 pm 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.0 dci 173 tekna
Year/Plate: 2010
Colour: black
Mods: none yet :-)
Happy to be an xtrail owner again after making the mistake of buying a vw tiguan! I've had 2 t30's and now I'm a happy owner of an xtrail t31 facelift tekna. Love the car, but have a bluetooth question. I have paired my phone with the car no problem but when I press press disc/aux to get to bluetooth audio it says "bluetooth audio has not been selected" Does this mean my infotainment system doesn't play from my phone or do I have to enable something? TIA

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: bluetooth audio
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:58 pm 
Soft Roader

sorted. You have to pair the phone twice! once as a phone and once as an audio device?! Never had to do that with any car before, bit weird but sorted :-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:01 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: 2.0dCi Tekna 173
Year/Plate: 2011
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Nice full size mat in boot to stop dog sliding...and Celtic Remap 221hp!
Yes correct - you have to pair for both audio and telephone.

Well done - enjoy it -it's a cracking Bose unit with loads of options even things like copying CD's onto the hard drive music box. USB's run well.

The only thing I had to change was making sure any Sat Nav app running on phone used the phones speaker to give instructions otherwise if playing music from phone from say Spotify you can suddenly get Sat Nav quite loud in between LOL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:42 pm 
Soft Roader

Cheers Jim, Noticed you have tuned yours to 221bhp? The one I have is the only t31 173bhp I have driven so can't compare, but it feels very under powered to me. Definite lack of low down pull. It struggles up steep inclines, having to change down, whereas in the vw, it flew up the same hills without having to change down. Is it a characteristic of the car, Is that why you tuned it or should I be looking for something. (i will be changing the fuel filter soon,looks like it's been in there a while)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:43 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Sounds like yours needs a clear out. Mine was quite good before it was tuned. Yes 173 starting point. Yours is the better engine as well and better on fuels and quieter.

I did find it odd to start with and thought I'd bought a pup but found you had to push your foot down quite hard to get the power on tap. Driving around normally with a reasonable push made it go faster so I was less than impressed coming from a 180hp Saab TTiD which was very quick. However pulling on to local dual carriageway I really pushed hard and suddenly the power came through.

The tune did really change it though with loads more torque and made it more pleasurable to drive. Celtic were very good and have local dealers who will come to your home sometimes to do it. I think it should have been £295 but we took two cars to our agents and he did both for £500. That was March 2019 and my insurance only went up £18 with LV.

BTW yours looks the same as mine - black metallic? What year - mine is 11 plate Tekna.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:22 pm 
Soft Roader

Yeah, funny enough I'm noticing that you do have to push hard to get the power in. It just feels very different to the tiguan. That was all turbo, you really felt the boost. The xtrail feels undramatic if that makes sense. It just feels slow but when you watch the speed climb, maybe not lol. I am using shell v power for a bit and driving it hard. bottle of cataclean to go in and replacing the fuel filter when it arrives. air filter is good and recent oil change. As you say it prob needs a good clear out!

yes same I think, Mines a 10 plate (Dec 2010) metallic black tekna with 88k on the clock, full service history, though not all main dealer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:03 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Yep mines a year younger but more than double your mileage!!!!! All I have had to do was change the shocks which I did last year at 168k. Made it all quieter and removed crashyness. Wonderful ride and really good on fuel.

I put something called I think BG445? thro mine and it made huge difference. Mine went through last year MOT clear and this years is tomorrow. Due to the mileage when I had it mapped i changed gearbox, transfer box and diff oils - there's a post somewhere on here as to what to use. I was really chuffed all the old stuff was in good condition and pretty clear. Gearbox oil changed made it less notchy. The 4WD system works brill and I used it to pull a builders van off a site earlier in the year. The stupid guy had tried to get off this bank quickly so as his wheels spun he was going further down the bank. I simply hooked my tow rope on to his front tow eye and didn't even have to use diff lock, simply left it in auto and eased clutch up and off we went with little or no wheel spin - think the site was amazed.

I also put all season tyres on - there's some good ones out there and Michelin do the Cross Climate in our 18" size now. I used Vredestein Quatrax 5 which had good reviews and have been really good. Just have to swap them front to back every 3K (you can do the reminder in the settings menu on dash) and they now done about 14k and all still have around 5mm on them so pretty good; does that say something about my driving? They should be 32 front 30 back but I run them at 34 front and 32 back which seems to help steering control.

I also use V power when I can but oddly it seems to run fine on Sainsbury's stuff!!!!! My Saab only like V Power or BP. I was horrible if I used Sainsbury and sounded like a big of nails. Perhaps X Trail engine designed to work on cheap stuff as used in Renault vans!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:14 am 
Off Roader

Jim was it this you put in ?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BG-Premium-Die ... drukspg-21

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:11 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: Aventura Explorer diesel auto.
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Blue
Norfolk Jim wrote:
I also use V power when I can but oddly it seems to run fine on Sainsbury's stuff!!!!! My Saab only like V Power or BP. I was horrible if I used Sainsbury and sounded like a big of nails. Perhaps X Trail engine designed to work on cheap stuff as used in Renault vans!!

Strange isn't it how different cars react to different fuels. My Volvo V70 diesel auto ran better and gave better MPG on Sainsburys than on anything else, even the so-called super fuels. The Volvo didn't have a DPF though so I'm a bit wary about using Sainsburys in the X Trail.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:58 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

scannyman wrote:
Jim was it this you put in ?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BG-Premium-Die ... drukspg-21

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm. Same make but a larger number something like 445