It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2.0DCI ATF fluid change.
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:06 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 2.0dci auto, LE
Year/Plate: 2012
Colour: Grey
Mods: Towbar, ptc heater fix, probright drl system, Ebersp├Ącher aux FBH with GSM remote.
I decided to change the ATF fluid on my 2.0 dci auto.
Bought 14L Febi 29934 ATF . It is Matic S wich is upgraded vesion of Matic J (since 2007),
Then I went to hydraulic hardware store to buy M14x1.5 to 10mm hose Banjo fitting and M10x1.0 to 10mm hose straight fitting and some 10mm ID hose
Attachment:
WP_20180411_15_54_01_Pro.jpg

The Banjo is for the pressure line to pump out the old fluid.
Attachment:
WP_20180421_17_14_39_Pro.jpg

The M10x1.0 straight is for the oil drain plug
(Not mine picture)
Attachment:
post-27235-0-92692700-1464418205.jpg

I decided to refill it from the underside, because the Workshop manual say to fill it from a sensor hole. To remove the sensor, the battery, Battery tray and the TCM most come out. A lot of work and pointless IMO because the oil level is checked via drain hole anyway. There is a pipe screwed in to the drain hole with 5mm hex.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: 2.0DCI ATF fluid change.
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:56 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 2.0dci auto, LE
Year/Plate: 2012
Colour: Grey
Mods: Towbar, ptc heater fix, probright drl system, Ebersp├Ącher aux FBH with GSM remote.
(not mine picture)
Attachment:
eecbe68s-960.jpg

One sidenote, the box has no filter, just a mesh at the oil pickup and it is located near the torque convertar inside the box, allmost impossible to get it out with out disassembling the box.

Then i connected the hose to the banjo and asked my brother to start the car fo pump the old fluid out(in Neutral). Once the fluid started to come white(it means that the oil pick up started to suck in air), I commanded to cut the engine. Can perform with one person with longer hose to see the fluid from the drivers seat.
Attachment:
WP_20180421_17_37_05_Pro.jpg

The white paper towel makes the oil more white, but it was black. Must be canberry red

Then i removed the oil drain plug and the pipe to let the reminig oil out. then i but the level chek pipe back and installed the M10x1.0 straight fitting and pumped oil thru it ca 6 liters. My brother has an old fire extinguisher bottle made for oil rerill, but i have seen on the net that 5L(or more) garden pump, a ball valve inline the hose to control the oil flow, would do well.

And repeated the process.
The oil came out cleaner, but i had not more oil to do it once more.

The level check must be done at ca 40c. Best to do that with a scan tool, it think with a IR thermometer pointing the box case is ok too. Oil must be dribling 3-4 drops per second.

So i filled it again with ca 5 liters. started the car, removed the filling hose from the straight fitting, saw that no oil was coming out then i reconnect the hose and filled more oil, checked few times until the oil was flowing out. Then removed the M10x1.0 fitting and waited for the oil drops. Bit messy, but still better than remove the battery and the TCM 3 times or more. Some brake clean to clean the mess.
The gear changes are much smoother now. Next change will be in ca 50k kms or sooner, just to flush this oil out and new in. Will see.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]