It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: T31 Restore SATNAV TMC INRIX functions - SRAM reset
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:30 pm 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Aventura Explorer Extreme 2.0l dCi 173 Manual
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Towbar 13pin, Sidesteps, LED DRL's, LED interior lights, LED sidelights, LED reg plate lights, LED side repeaters, LED reversing Light, LED Glove Box light
Many T31 owners have reported that the TMC (Traffic Message Channel) function on their OEM DVD-based satnavs has stopped working.
TMC provides traffic incident information on a planned route, both visually and audibly, and where possible offers an alternative route.
This is NOT the same as RDS which interrupts listening with a live broadcast announcement.

I and several others, have had success in restoring TMC to pickup INRIXUK, the service provider, I thought I'd make it into and 'easier to find' How-To.

original post: https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic. ... &start=110 One member reported that some other functions - voice dial etc. - were also restored.

It involves going deeper into {Detailed} menu within the settings of the Satnav unit to reset the SRAM.

My speculation is that the SRAM (Static Random Access Memory), may have become 'scrambled' at some point, possibly 'glitched' when the vehicle battery is disconnected.

The full procedure is in my PDF attachment, but please bear in mind that ALL your routes, phone numbers and preferences will be lost!
So note down anything you want to keep before proceeding!

Be sure to follow the on-screen instructions.
After the reset, you will find that the Satnav thinks you're in Mayfair, London - it takes a little time and a drive around for the Satnav to locate GPS and TMC signals.

Do this at entirely your own risk - I accept no responsibility for things going wrong....but it certainly worked for me and several other members.

Martin

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]