It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: ReMap
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:17 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:24 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Bedfordshire
Car:: Xtrail
Model: Adventure
Year/Plate: 06
Colour: Silver
Mods: None
After recently purchasing my Xtrail auto, I tried to have it remapped using Quantum Tuning.
After they had the car for 3 weeks and blown through 3 ECUs they gave me the car back un chipped as this was the safest option left, as the issue was with the immobiliser, it kept locking out the ECU
They didnt charge me for any of the work which was good so I cant complain

Has any body had a successful remap with a 2008 auto if so whose which softwear was used


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: ReMap
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:31 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:33 pm
Posts: 3097
Location: Ireland
Hi,

Doesn't say if yours is a diesel or petrol?

Nissan have remapped the ECU to REDUCE power in the M9Rm, due to possible bearing issues. The other issue is that the AUTO box is not designed to handle more torque. In short, you'd need an engine rebuild, ECU remap and transmission upgrade.

Kind Regards,

Eoin


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: ReMap
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:38 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 pm
Posts: 16
Hi
I have fitted a digital performance diesel tuning box , Got this off EBAY just go on type in digital performance diesel tuning for your x trail cost around £75 up over ,I have a 2.2 DCI SVE and had one on for over a year with no problems


Regards John


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: ReMap
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:47 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:33 pm
Posts: 3097
Location: Ireland
johns wrote:
Hi
I have fitted a digital performance diesel tuning box , Got this off EBAY just go on type in digital performance diesel tuning for your x trail cost around £75 up over ,I have a 2.2 DCI SVE and had one on for over a year with no problems


Regards John


The OP X Trail is a 2.0 dCi Auto - different to a 2.2 dCi. As a matter of interest, did you have a rolling road test done on your X Trail? If so, I'd love to see a comparison of the before and after with the tuning box. Most of these are a con.

Kind regards,

Eoin


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: ReMap
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:38 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 pm
Posts: 16
Hi
No did not put it on a rolling road took it out on the road at was well pleased with the out come loads of power more speed ect ect
I know at least 20guys who have put these on all kinds of motors and say the same



Regards John


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: ReMap
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:47 am 
Offline
Off Roader

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:54 am
Posts: 164
Location: Estonia
Car:: T31
Model: Diesel auto
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: pearl white
Mods: Pedders lift, 235/65R17 tires, RH ZW 1 split wheels, ECU reflash, Major audio upgrade....
My 2.0 2008 auto is remapped.
It can be done by any tuning garage who is fiddling with BOSCH ECU. Diesel tuning is a bit different than tuning of turbo petrol engine but not a rocket science.
Now I have lots of more torque and KW is rated from 110 to ~135 kw. But it's the torque I feel most.

As I drive 90% in city short trips with cold engine, I have seen once a DPF warning light. After 30 km highway driving light went out and DPF burned itself clean.
If you remove DPF during remap, they promised 10% more power and 10% better mpg. DPF is kind of bottle neck in exhaust system. Mine is still in but as soon as it fails, Iĺl let them remove it and do second remap.

Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: ReMap
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:54 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:33 pm
Posts: 3097
Location: Ireland
ndrk wrote:
My 2.0 2008 auto is remapped.
It can be done by any tuning garage who is fiddling with BOSCH ECU. Diesel tuning is a bit different than tuning of turbo petrol engine but not a rocket science.
Now I have lots of more torque and KW is rated from 110 to ~135 kw. But it's the torque I feel most.

As I drive 90% in city short trips with cold engine, I have seen once a DPF warning light. After 30 km highway driving light went out and DPF burned itself clean.
If you remove DPF during remap, they promised 10% more power and 10% better mpg. DPF is kind of bottle neck in exhaust system. Mine is still in but as soon as it fails, Iĺl let them remove it and do second remap.


Hi,

How long is your X Trail running with a remap? Is the AUTO box standard?

Unlike petrols, diesels have lower back pressure - so the roughly 80% of the power/torque comes form the ECU remap and 20% with a new exhaust system, including modification to DPF and EGT.

Kind Regards,

Eoin


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: ReMap
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:43 am 
Offline
Off Roader

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:54 am
Posts: 164
Location: Estonia
Car:: T31
Model: Diesel auto
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: pearl white
Mods: Pedders lift, 235/65R17 tires, RH ZW 1 split wheels, ECU reflash, Major audio upgrade....
Roughly about 10 000 km

Gearbox is standard. No extra cooling added. I tend to drive with light right foot so I assume those rare WOT accelerations will not do any harm.
My EGR is closed from ECU and with plate also.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: ReMap
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:15 pm 
Offline
Soft Roader

Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 50
Location: East Anglia
Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Diesel
Year/Plate: 2009
eoinsully wrote:
Hi,

Doesn't say if yours is a diesel or petrol?

Nissan have remapped the ECU to REDUCE power in the M9Rm, due to possible bearing issues. The other issue is that the AUTO box is not designed to handle more torque. In short, you'd need an engine rebuild, ECU remap and transmission upgrade.

Kind Regards,

Eoin


Hello Eoin. having only recently got my X.T, (2009 2 Lt. diesel manual), I'm looking at ways to improve torque. I'm happy that she'll respond if I get into the power band, (between 3,000 - 4,000 r.p.m.), but this of course hits economy. Can you give any more detail about the possible bearing issues? Regards,


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: ReMap
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:53 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:33 pm
Posts: 3097
Location: Ireland
Bravo5Delta wrote:

Hello Eoin. having only recently got my X.T, (2009 2 Lt. diesel manual), I'm looking at ways to improve torque. I'm happy that she'll respond if I get into the power band, (between 3,000 - 4,000 r.p.m.), but this of course hits economy. Can you give any more detail about the possible bearing issues? Regards,


Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Please read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12553

Don't forget to complete your profile so that members are best placed to assist you.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4901

Kind regards,

Eoin


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group