Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

ReMap

31K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Mackem David 
#1 ·
After recently purchasing my Xtrail auto, I tried to have it remapped using Quantum Tuning.
After they had the car for 3 weeks and blown through 3 ECUs they gave me the car back un chipped as this was the safest option left, as the issue was with the immobiliser, it kept locking out the ECU
They didnt charge me for any of the work which was good so I cant complain

Has any body had a successful remap with a 2008 auto if so whose which softwear was used

#2 ·
Hi,

Doesn't say if yours is a diesel or petrol?

Nissan have remapped the ECU to REDUCE power in the M9Rm, due to possible bearing issues. The other issue is that the AUTO box is not designed to handle more torque. In short, you'd need an engine rebuild, ECU remap and transmission upgrade.

Kind Regards,

Eoin

#3 ·
Hi
I have fitted a digital performance diesel tuning box , Got this off EBAY just go on type in digital performance diesel tuning for your x trail cost around £75 up over ,I have a 2.2 DCI SVE and had one on for over a year with no problems

Regards John

#4 ·
johns said:
Hi
I have fitted a digital performance diesel tuning box , Got this off EBAY just go on type in digital performance diesel tuning for your x trail cost around £75 up over ,I have a 2.2 DCI SVE and had one on for over a year with no problems

Regards John
The OP X Trail is a 2.0 dCi Auto - different to a 2.2 dCi. As a matter of interest, did you have a rolling road test done on your X Trail? If so, I'd love to see a comparison of the before and after with the tuning box. Most of these are a con.

Kind regards,

Eoin

#6 ·
My 2.0 2008 auto is remapped.
It can be done by any tuning garage who is fiddling with BOSCH ECU. Diesel tuning is a bit different than tuning of turbo petrol engine but not a rocket science.
Now I have lots of more torque and KW is rated from 110 to ~135 kw. But it's the torque I feel most.

As I drive 90% in city short trips with cold engine, I have seen once a DPF warning light. After 30 km highway driving light went out and DPF burned itself clean.
If you remove DPF during remap, they promised 10% more power and 10% better mpg. DPF is kind of bottle neck in exhaust system. Mine is still in but as soon as it fails, Iĺl let them remove it and do second remap.

#7 ·
ndrk said:
My 2.0 2008 auto is remapped.
It can be done by any tuning garage who is fiddling with BOSCH ECU. Diesel tuning is a bit different than tuning of turbo petrol engine but not a rocket science.
Now I have lots of more torque and KW is rated from 110 to ~135 kw. But it's the torque I feel most.

As I drive 90% in city short trips with cold engine, I have seen once a DPF warning light. After 30 km highway driving light went out and DPF burned itself clean.
If you remove DPF during remap, they promised 10% more power and 10% better mpg. DPF is kind of bottle neck in exhaust system. Mine is still in but as soon as it fails, Iĺl let them remove it and do second remap.
Hi,

How long is your X Trail running with a remap? Is the AUTO box standard?

Unlike petrols, diesels have lower back pressure - so the roughly 80% of the power/torque comes form the ECU remap and 20% with a new exhaust system, including modification to DPF and EGT.

Kind Regards,

Eoin

#9 ·
eoinsully said:
Hi,

Doesn't say if yours is a diesel or petrol?

Nissan have remapped the ECU to REDUCE power in the M9Rm, due to possible bearing issues. The other issue is that the AUTO box is not designed to handle more torque. In short, you'd need an engine rebuild, ECU remap and transmission upgrade.

Kind Regards,

Eoin
Hello Eoin. having only recently got my X.T, (2009 2 Lt. diesel manual), I'm looking at ways to improve torque. I'm happy that she'll respond if I get into the power band, (between 3,000 - 4,000 r.p.m.), but this of course hits economy. Can you give any more detail about the possible bearing issues? Regards,

#10 ·
Bravo5Delta said:
Hello Eoin. having only recently got my X.T, (2009 2 Lt. diesel manual), I'm looking at ways to improve torque. I'm happy that she'll respond if I get into the power band, (between 3,000 - 4,000 r.p.m.), but this of course hits economy. Can you give any more detail about the possible bearing issues? Regards,
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Please read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12553

Don't forget to complete your profile so that members are best placed to assist you.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4901

Kind regards,

Eoin

#17 ·
If the tuner kow DENSO ECU's then pick what is nearest to you. Usually +30hp and 60-80nm torgue is possible with medium map. Custom remap is possible with a dyno. One Almera 2,2 is to 200hp with dynoed custom remap, custom turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.