It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fiting a reverse camera
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:16 pm 
Soft Roader

I am pleased to say that I now have a fully functioning reverse camera. Having changed my radio for a double din all singing and dancing head unit. I now have Sat nav, bluetooth,cd player, radio, reverse camera, For anyone trying to retro fit these it is easy once you know how.
1 Get the correct adaptor harness
2 To fit sat nav I fitted just above the speedo housing unit. It comes off with a little persausion.
3 For the reverse camera I ran the AV cable along side the right hand sill, you will see the main vehicle harness so follow that.. The camera is mounted just above the rear fog light A bit fiddley but worth the effort. Do not forget to wire the Head unit to the reverse switch. ( i did not do this initailly and wondered why it did not work) There is a nice grommet just below the wiring harness on the left side of the bulkhead The reverse switch is on the top of the gearbox and there are two wires the yellow/ green wire is the feed to the reverse lights.( yellow is the feed to the switch)
4 Steering wheel controls can be programmed via the head unit ( Make sure that when ordering the adaptor for the wiring you get the correct on efor use with SWC.
I am now one happy bunny.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Fiting a reverse camera
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:58 pm 

Rowlie, well done!

Could you please give the make and model of the all singing all dancing double DIN head unit as I may need to get one too... Thanks

Groucho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:34 pm 
Soft Roader

The head unit was a Xtrons 616GT. I got it from ebay and it cost about £120. The wiring loom adaptors can be obtained from www.incartec.co.uk. They are very helpful The cost of the harness was around £35. The reverse camera again via ebay and cost about £8. It got the flush mountting one which requires a hole to be drilled just above the rear fog light in the bumpeer. The relevant drill was supplied with the camera.It is tight but as long as you get the hole in the centre it should be fine. If you look at the forum for in car entertainment there are plenty of threads there for more information. Good luck
Rowlie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:44 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Diesel Aventura
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Black
Mods: Reversing sensors, Intercooler grille, Black gear stick, LED lights, DRLs, Black alloys, Headrest DVD, Oil Catch Can, Dashcam
Well done Rowlie :thumbs: It sounds fantastic - how about pics of the 'bad boy'? :grin:

Cheers

Bloggsy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:48 pm 

Would love to see some pics and know more about how much hassle it was to run the video feed for the camera