It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Modification recommendations.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:27 pm 

Hello, I'm new to the forum so forgive me if I'm repeating past questions. Apart from lift kits and tyres is there any other main modifications you could recommend I need to get done before I go off roading. Thanks

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
My Photo Gallery
 Post subject: Re: Modification recommendations.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:22 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Mods: I REFUSE to tolerate the admins behaviour. I will never visit the forum again, delete the account.
Lift, tyres and a sump guard. Those three things are about all you can do really to these to make them better off road as my one is. They are quite capable for what they are. If you're going off road then you need to sort out some recovery points. Seems the best options are to change the front tow point bolts to high tensile ones and get a 4 or 5 metre strap to spread the load between them. The rear end, well... there arn't any solid recovery points so a well mounted tow bar seems to be the most used option for rear recovery work. Lots of pics of all this on my one in my gallery, click the gallery button top left above my user name.

HTH
Welcome!
Martyn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:03 am 

Nice job looks good. I've bought a T31 2.0 diesel adventura, if possible could you tell me or point me in the right direction to the websites or places to source the sump guard,full stainless exhaust and the roof system these are the things I'm looking to do as well. :thumbs: I think I will fit the pedders lift kit seems to be the a good choice.
Thanks for your help,nice1

Profile Send private message  

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:59 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Mods: I REFUSE to tolerate the admins behaviour. I will never visit the forum again, delete the account.
No problem, I think all the websites you need are in my post on this thread: https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61689
If I missed any on that, let me know..
Martyn