All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 2013 n-tec+ bull bars.
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:48 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.0 DCi N-Tec +
Year/Plate: 2013
Colour: Grey
Mods: Towbar + 13 pin electrics, mud flaps, front bug deflector side bump strips.
Has anyone fitted front bull bars to this model. I've bought one for a 2008-2104 model, but the chassis bracket does not fit.
Seller has said "i am really sorry about this i just find out that N Tec has a slightly different body."
"The thing is all the manufacturers are making parts for the only standard model. they don't do it for sportive model modified body"

Attachment:
IMG_20180524_123556.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20180524_123058.jpg

This show the area of bracket that is fouling the chassis.
Attachment:
IMG_20180524_125553.jpg

Seller has offered a full refund, just wondering if I will be able to get one for this model.
Regards,
Malcolm.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
My Photo Gallery
 Post subject: Re: 2013 n-tec+ bull bars.
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: X-Trail
Model: 2.0 dCi 173 Tekna Manual
Year/Plate: 2011 July
Colour: Haptic Blue
Mods: Hard trunkliner. Extreme roof rails with roof bars. "Rhino Rack" roof basket for the "Oz Tent". Left luggage drawer. "Dog Tent" thingy for a Yorkshire Terrorist. Front & rear parking sensers. Posh rugs. Protection Pack.
Bear in mind that you may not be insured if you fit this!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:34 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Model: T31 2.0dci auto, LE
Year/Plate: 2012
Mods: Towbar, ptc heater fix, probright drl system, Eberspächer aux FBH with GSM remote.
With the CE cert this should not be a problem, because it is a frontal protection system.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:11 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: XTRAIL
Model: 2.0 SE PETROL MANUAL
Year/Plate: 2006 / 06
Colour: BLACK
Mods: INSURERS WILL NOT ALLOW CHROME BUMPER BARS ! [TO PROTECT BUMPERS]
malgpz900 wrote:
Has anyone fitted front bull bars to this model. I've bought one for a 2008-2104 model, but the chassis bracket does not fit.
Seller has said "i am really sorry about this i just find out that N Tec has a slightly different body."
"The thing is all the manufacturers are making parts for the only standard model. they don't do it for sportive model modified body"

Attachment:
IMG_20180524_123556.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20180524_123058.jpg

This show the area of bracket that is fouling the chassis.
Attachment:
IMG_20180524_125553.jpg

Seller has offered a full refund, just wondering if I will be able to get one for this model.
Regards,
Malcolm.

"Hello Malcolm",

I am NOT trying to be a `Killjoy` with these comments - but I would also advise You to check with your Insurers - here is my experience regarding wanting to fit Bars to protect the Front & Rear `Bumpers` on my Xtrail - although my enquiries with the Insurers were 6 Years ago:

These comments were Copied & Pasted from one of my messages on this old thread:

https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5124

Because I have had LOADS of occasions where People have Reversed into My Xtrail while Parking I wanted to Fit `Nudge Bars` to the Front and Back of My Xtrail.

A Friend advised Me to ask My Insurance Company about this - A Large / Well Known Company - They would NOT entertain this at all - `Unauthorised Modifications` - Nothing that I could explain would change their stance on this.

When it got closer to My Insurance Renewal Date I obtained about 5 `Reasonable Quotes` I contacted these Insurers by Telephone - NONE of them would `Allow` Me to become Insured with them if I fitted the Nudge Bars !

Again these were Large `Household Names` Insurance Companies - the lesser known Insurance Companies would have been Too Expensive with their Quotes for Me to even think about Insuring My Xtrail with them.

When I stated to ALL of these Insurance Companies that I see Vehicles with `Bullbar` Type Bars fitted EVERY DAY in London - some of them actually stated that `These People have probably NOT Informed their Insurers of these Modifications` and `May well find out that their Insurance would be Void in the event of an Accident`.

I also asked would the `Modifications` be acceptable If I had the Nudge Bars supplied and fitted by a Nissan Main Dealer Service Centre - using Original Nissan Parts [If Nissan do Nudge Bars ?] ? - The attitude from ALL that I asked was `Bars are Bars` - `We will NOT cover You if these are fitted - irrespective of WHO has fitted them`.

I just thought that I would mention this to You - perhaps you should check the attitude of your Insurers before purchasing / fitting the `Bull Bars` ?

I know that this Information WILL seem strange - Because I DO see `Bullbars` EVERY DAY even here in London - I really don`t know HOW People are Insuring their Vehicles with these fitted ?

I have NEVER had an Insurance Claim - So I have the `Highest No Claims Discount` that You can obtain - BUT it was never about the Premiums - NO Large Insurance Company would even entertain ANY Type of `Bars` !

I do know the `Safety Considerations` about Pedestrians and `Bars` fitted to Vehicles - But how do other People get Insured with Bars / `Bullbars` fitted ?

I would be interested in any Members comments about this.

Regards,

Chris

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:03 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Mods: Towbar + 13 pin electrics, mud flaps, front bug deflector side bump strips.
They are being returned for a full refund.
Malcolm.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:11 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: XTRAIL
Model: 2.0 SE PETROL MANUAL
Year/Plate: 2006 / 06
Colour: BLACK
Mods: INSURERS WILL NOT ALLOW CHROME BUMPER BARS ! [TO PROTECT BUMPERS]
malgpz900 wrote:
Malcolm.

Hello again Malcolm,

Will You still be trying to find `Bullbars` to fit your Xtrail ?

I have not tried asking My / any Insurers whether they would allow me to fit `Bars` to my Xtrail and be Insured by them since I wrote the above message in 2012 - but I cannot imagine that they will have relaxed their `Ban` on any type of Bull Bars / Nudge Bars ?

I have seen a LOT of 4 x 4 type vehicles that have Bull Bars fitted since 2012.

However I still remember a couple of the Insurers stating that - `Drivers who have modified the vehicles by fitting ANY kind of `Bars` might find that they are not Insured in the event of an `incident` that leads to a Claim` - which would leave them open to Legal action for Damages, Injury or worse !

Perhaps You will check with your Insurer if you intend to continue trying to find Bull Bars - I am sure that Members would be very interested in the answer that You receive - I know that I would be.

Regards,

Chris

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:56 am 
Extreme Off Roader

CHRISM wrote:
malgpz900 wrote:
Malcolm.

Hello again Malcolm,

Will You still be trying to find `Bullbars` to fit your Xtrail ?

I have not tried asking My / any Insurers whether they would allow me to fit `Bars` to my Xtrail and be Insured by them since I wrote the above message in 2012 - but I cannot imagine that they will have relaxed their `Ban` on any type of Bull Bars / Nudge Bars ?

I have seen a LOT of 4 x 4 type vehicles that have Bull Bars fitted since 2012.

However I still remember a couple of the Insurers stating that - `Drivers who have modified the vehicles by fitting ANY kind of `Bars` might find that they are not Insured in the event of an `incident` that leads to a Claim` - which would leave them open to Legal action for Damages, Injury or worse !

Perhaps You will check with your Insurer if you intend to continue trying to find Bull Bars - I am sure that Members would be very interested in the answer that You receive - I know that I would be.

Regards,

Chris

I am ringing them today to inform them of change of registration number so will ask them if they accept a bull bar as an approved accessory before try to find one that fits.

Malcolm.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:47 am 
Xtrail Nut

Model: T31 2.0dci auto, LE
Year/Plate: 2012
Mods: Towbar, ptc heater fix, probright drl system, Eberspächer aux FBH with GSM remote.
As I sayd before.
Bullbars are legal, if they are wirh "E" Cert
Discussions here
https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic. ... hilit=bull

And here, with a cert of MB vito link.

https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic. ... t=bull+bar

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:41 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Discussed it with my insurance broker this morning. Didn't say definately no, but did say if it was a standard manufacturers fitment from new, no problem. Anything else I would have to give them the specification and they would look into it.
Malcolm.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:41 pm 
Off Roader

Car:: X-Trail T31
Model: N-tec+
Year/Plate: '13 plate
Colour: Twilight grey
I don't believe the claim that the n-tec has a different body to other T31's.

The brochure says:

FEATURES ADDITIONAL TO ACENTA
TECHNOLOGY
• Nissan Connect 5” touch-screen
navigation system
• Around View Monitor 360° bird view
parking assist
• Colour front, rear and passenger side
cameras
• Intelligent key
INTERIOR STYLING
• Panoramic electric sunroof