Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

2013 n-tec+ bull bars.

13K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Ahto42 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Has anyone fitted front bull bars to this model. I've bought one for a 2008-2104 model, but the chassis bracket does not fit.
Seller has said "i am really sorry about this i just find out that N Tec has a slightly different body."
"The thing is all the manufacturers are making parts for the only standard model. they don't do it for sportive model modified body"

IMG_20180524_123556.jpg

IMG_20180524_123058.jpg

This show the area of bracket that is fouling the chassis.
IMG_20180524_125553.jpg

Seller has offered a full refund, just wondering if I will be able to get one for this model.
Regards,
Malcolm.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
malgpz900 said:
Has anyone fitted front bull bars to this model. I've bought one for a 2008-2104 model, but the chassis bracket does not fit.
Seller has said "i am really sorry about this i just find out that N Tec has a slightly different body."
"The thing is all the manufacturers are making parts for the only standard model. they don't do it for sportive model modified body"

View attachment 2
View attachment 1

This show the area of bracket that is fouling the chassis.

Seller has offered a full refund, just wondering if I will be able to get one for this model.
Regards,
Malcolm.
"Hello Malcolm",

I am NOT trying to be a `Killjoy` with these comments - but I would also advise You to check with your Insurers - here is my experience regarding wanting to fit Bars to protect the Front & Rear `Bumpers` on my Xtrail - although my enquiries with the Insurers were 6 Years ago:

These comments were Copied & Pasted from one of my messages on this old thread:

https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5124

Because I have had LOADS of occasions where People have Reversed into My Xtrail while Parking I wanted to Fit `Nudge Bars` to the Front and Back of My Xtrail.

A Friend advised Me to ask My Insurance Company about this - A Large / Well Known Company - They would NOT entertain this at all - `Unauthorised Modifications` - Nothing that I could explain would change their stance on this.

When it got closer to My Insurance Renewal Date I obtained about 5 `Reasonable Quotes` I contacted these Insurers by Telephone - NONE of them would `Allow` Me to become Insured with them if I fitted the Nudge Bars !

Again these were Large `Household Names` Insurance Companies - the lesser known Insurance Companies would have been Too Expensive with their Quotes for Me to even think about Insuring My Xtrail with them.

When I stated to ALL of these Insurance Companies that I see Vehicles with `Bullbar` Type Bars fitted EVERY DAY in London - some of them actually stated that `These People have probably NOT Informed their Insurers of these Modifications` and `May well find out that their Insurance would be Void in the event of an Accident`.

I also asked would the `Modifications` be acceptable If I had the Nudge Bars supplied and fitted by a Nissan Main Dealer Service Centre - using Original Nissan Parts [If Nissan do Nudge Bars ?] ? - The attitude from ALL that I asked was `Bars are Bars` - `We will NOT cover You if these are fitted - irrespective of WHO has fitted them`.

I just thought that I would mention this to You - perhaps you should check the attitude of your Insurers before purchasing / fitting the `Bull Bars` ?

I know that this Information WILL seem strange - Because I DO see `Bullbars` EVERY DAY even here in London - I really don`t know HOW People are Insuring their Vehicles with these fitted ?

I have NEVER had an Insurance Claim - So I have the `Highest No Claims Discount` that You can obtain - BUT it was never about the Premiums - NO Large Insurance Company would even entertain ANY Type of `Bars` !

I do know the `Safety Considerations` about Pedestrians and `Bars` fitted to Vehicles - But how do other People get Insured with Bars / `Bullbars` fitted ?

I would be interested in any Members comments about this.

Regards,

Chris

#6 ·
malgpz900 said:
They are being returned for a full refund.
Malcolm.
Hello again Malcolm,

Will You still be trying to find `Bullbars` to fit your Xtrail ?

I have not tried asking My / any Insurers whether they would allow me to fit `Bars` to my Xtrail and be Insured by them since I wrote the above message in 2012 - but I cannot imagine that they will have relaxed their `Ban` on any type of Bull Bars / Nudge Bars ?

I have seen a LOT of 4 x 4 type vehicles that have Bull Bars fitted since 2012.

However I still remember a couple of the Insurers stating that - `Drivers who have modified the vehicles by fitting ANY kind of `Bars` might find that they are not Insured in the event of an `incident` that leads to a Claim` - which would leave them open to Legal action for Damages, Injury or worse !

Perhaps You will check with your Insurer if you intend to continue trying to find Bull Bars - I am sure that Members would be very interested in the answer that You receive - I know that I would be.

Regards,

Chris

#7 ·
CHRISM said:
malgpz900 said:
They are being returned for a full refund.
Malcolm.
Hello again Malcolm,

Will You still be trying to find `Bullbars` to fit your Xtrail ?

I have not tried asking My / any Insurers whether they would allow me to fit `Bars` to my Xtrail and be Insured by them since I wrote the above message in 2012 - but I cannot imagine that they will have relaxed their `Ban` on any type of Bull Bars / Nudge Bars ?

I have seen a LOT of 4 x 4 type vehicles that have Bull Bars fitted since 2012.

However I still remember a couple of the Insurers stating that - `Drivers who have modified the vehicles by fitting ANY kind of `Bars` might find that they are not Insured in the event of an `incident` that leads to a Claim` - which would leave them open to Legal action for Damages, Injury or worse !

Perhaps You will check with your Insurer if you intend to continue trying to find Bull Bars - I am sure that Members would be very interested in the answer that You receive - I know that I would be.

Regards,

Chris
I am ringing them today to inform them of change of registration number so will ask them if they accept a bull bar as an approved accessory before try to find one that fits.

Malcolm.

#10 ·
I don't believe the claim that the n-tec has a different body to other T31's.

The brochure says:

FEATURES ADDITIONAL TO ACENTA
TECHNOLOGY
• Nissan Connect 5" touch-screen
navigation system
• Around View Monitor 360° bird view
parking assist
• Colour front, rear and passenger side
cameras
• Intelligent key
INTERIOR STYLING
• Panoramic electric sunroof
EXTERIOR STYLING
• 18'' Alloy wheels
• Side bars with steps
• Chrome fog lamp finishers
OPTIONS AT EXTRA COST
• Metallic paint
• Scratch-shield metallic paint
(Ebisu Black and Haptic Blue)

#11 ·
Nimby said:
I don't believe the claim that the n-tec has a different body to other T31's.

The brochure says:

FEATURES ADDITIONAL TO ACENTA
TECHNOLOGY
• Nissan Connect 5" touch-screen
navigation system
• Around View Monitor 360° bird view
parking assist
• Colour front, rear and passenger side
cameras
• Intelligent key
INTERIOR STYLING
• Panoramic electric sunroof
EXTERIOR STYLING
• 18'' Alloy wheels
• Side bars with steps
• Chrome fog lamp finishers
OPTIONS AT EXTRA COST
• Metallic paint
• Scratch-shield metallic paint
(Ebisu Black and Haptic Blue)
Cheers for that info.
From what I understand its more to do with the fact its a facelift model.
On some parts the T31 is split age wise at 2010. I assume after that date there was a facelift model introduced.
Malcolm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.