Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

2008 T31 2.0dci

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Ahto42 
#1 ·
Hi all haven't been on for a long time as after my t30 2.2 blew up I haven't had a xtrail , but always new I'd get another one day ... yesterday was that day...
I got a 08 plate adventure automatic diesel.

for the princely sum of £1650 needs a couple of minor repairs to make perfect.
But my biggest concern is that it only has 1 key (smart key 2 button) .
Can they be purchased after market or do I have to get raped at the dealers?
Any info will be fantastic
Thanks all

#4 ·
Look on ebay .Key fob .key blade . board and transponder £10.50 What colour is the transponder in your key.Barry.

Thanks don't know the colour haven't tried opening the key up incase I knack it with it being the only one !
I'll look on YouTube see how to do it .....
So l presume I have to get the same colour / frequency transponder .
Is it easy to pair with car ? Or do I need specialized equipment?

#6 ·
If have the i-key, then from dealer. It is different from the T30 key and there are no transponter colors on it. 250-300€from dealer. Brake yards, but to program, the key has to be in the lock. Trust me, i had to programm the ikey because the bcm change. With thindiag+ dongle.

#8 ·
Wow, that was a bargain! Mine is a 2008 diesel auto too and I paid £4,000 for it two years ago after over a year of searching. Any I found were always at least 200 miles away and never less than £4,000. I found a few manual gearbox models cheaper and a bit closer but I only ever buy autos and I wanted diesel as my last three vehicles had been. I tow a caravan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.