Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Keyless entry not working

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  davejass 
#1 ·
Since Dec 1st we've been having odd false alarms from our wireless burglar alarm system - I blamed the neighbour's Christmas lights (I've read that LEDs can affect WiFi so it seemed likely).
This morning I couldn't unlock my X-Trail - using the door button or my fob button or the spare so I had to use the actual key.
Drove to my destination and remote/keyless was fine. Came home - again not working, so definitely radio interference.

Then I noticed the "low battery" indicator on the front door's alarm sensor. Took the batteries out and now the car is happy.

So - be warned if you (or a near neighbour) have a 433MHz wireless alarm system.

#2 ·
Nimby said:
- I blamed the neighbour's Christmas lights (I've read that LEDs can affect WiFi so it seemed likely).
Just to nip this one in the bud, I realise you understand where your problem came from now, but regarding the comment that you read saying LED's affect WiFi, LED's in themselves DO NOT interfere with ANYTHING, they run at very low DC voltages, the interference is from poorly made poorly shielded chinese power supplies that supply them and also on occasions from compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) power supplies, both can emit nasty RFI harmonics in totally the wrong places due to poor design and poor quality control.

#4 ·
MickyB64 said:
Had a problem with keyless entry fobs not working and could get nowhere with Nissan main dealer, eventually a company caleed Car Key Solutions from London were able to supply and programme new keys, brilliant service and highly recommended
Hi, just as a matter of interest, I have been thinking of getting another fob for mine but I haven't a clue how much they cost. It's not worth paying a lot as it would be a third one just for my wife if we are out together and she gets back to the car before I do. She doesn't drive, but if we are out together but going to different places it would be handy. Not worth paying a fortune as it doesn't actually happen that often. Mind if I ask how much?

#5 ·
Hi I have posted about key replacement under REPAIRS
It is only local to me but could be useful His number is 07562576484 His name is Andy but he will only go around an hour from Hastings East Sussex
He does it all from his van Which is like an Aladdins cave!
Regards Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.