Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

DPF info

26K views 51 replies 14 participants last post by  Bus-man 
#1 ·
I've got a dpf light & trying to get info on how to fix it.
I've driven 25 miles at over 3000 RPM & sat stationary for 20 mins at over 4000 RPM
Light still on
I understand the idea is get the dpf at a high temperature to burn off the carbon
Gone through a lot of the posts, but a lot of stuff seems to be opinions rather than facts.
Trying to find out what's important during dpf regeneration: -
1.) Does road speed matter? My feeling is that engine RPM to bring dpf to high temp is what matters
2.) Can I just park somewhere that's not annoying to anybody & just rev till the light goes out?

#52 ·
Norfolk Jim said:
Well that's good to know Bus-man. I haven't stopped to be honest. Mine this week passed the 180k miles and still as sweet as a nut.

I currently have 15 architectural jobs on the go and one is quite an interesting one - Dynamic Testing Facilities for a aircraft seat manufacturer. The extension to their existing factory will incorporate a testing bed for there's a F1 racing car seats. 40m long sled system using only compressed air to start and stop things - so nearly silent. Sled doesn't hit anything but stops abruptly with dummies in the seats with a G force of 20 - yes 20G it stops dead. It is apparently to mimic and aircraft taking off and then having to land suddenly off the runway so would come to a sudden hi speed stop without breaking up..........................................ouch. Building will be £5m and sled system encased in 2000 tonnes of concrete................all great fun.
That certainly does sound like an interesting project. Anything to do with aircraft is fascinating to me, and I often wished I had been a pilot. Did have a few flying lessons once but at age 50+ then I was way too old to do anything with it.

I am long since retired but normally I would still be quite busy. I volunteer on a heritage railway and I was also driving old London buses on wedding hires before Covid struck. The railway has been closed since last year and only opened up at all for a few weeks in 2020. We are hoping to run some kind of operation in May though. The wedding hire business for the bus company was virtually non-existent all last year. I also volunteer as a hospital radio presenter, but I haven't even been driving to the studio since November as thanks to modern technology we have been able to broadcast from home.

I drove the car for its MOT in January, I drove it again for our first Covid jabs in February, I went to get some wood to repair our fence last week, and we went for our second jabs yesterday. Apart from that the car has spent most of its time sitting on our driveway, and I doubt it's done more than 50 miles in total yet this year. Hardly used it at all this year apart from that, as we've hardly been off our estate.
Colin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.