Switch to full site
Got a problem with your X-Trail? Something bugging you? Post it here and seek advice from fellow owners
Post a reply

T31 Air con

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi all. I've just had my 2010 T31 're-gassed' but on collection the garage told me that there seemed to be a problem with the compressor as the air con wasn't working. They were very good about it and didn't charge me for the re-gas. So, my question is, what are the most common problems with the air con and which items / components are most likely to fail? I know it's a very general question with no doubt lots of possible answers but is the a known weak / failure point in the T31 system?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Many thanks, Richard

Re: T31 Air con

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:03 pm

Quessing will be expencive. But if you use the search function"air con"and narrow to T31. Not many threads, but some had compressor problems and condencer leaks or blockages.
A proper diagnose must be done to change to correct part

Re: T31 Air con

Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:50 pm

I took my car in to my local garage with air-con problems and they diagnosed a major leak in the compressor. I went down in their pit and they showed it to me. They fitted a new compressor for me and it has been fine since. They charged me a total of £588. I don't use main dealers if I can help it, and our local garage is very reliable and highly regarded in this area.
Post a reply