It is currently Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
My Photo Gallery
 Post subject: Re: Who's got snow then?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:23 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Robin
Model: Reliant
Year/Plate: 1970
Colour: Yellow
Mods: window wipers

pic taken by my phone today lunch time at Dunblane. 22" of snow fell from Saturday evening to Monday Morning.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:46 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail& audi ttr
Model: Sport Expedition
Year/Plate: 07/57
Colour: Atlas Blue
Mods: Nissan running boards, front wind deflectors
Scottie wrote:

pic taken by my phone today lunch time at Dunblane. 22" of snow fell from Saturday evening to Monday Morning.

Well Scottie ,that makes Lincolns 3 to 4" of overnight snow look like a scattering

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:54 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: X-Trail
Model: 2.0 dCi 173 Tekna Manual
Year/Plate: 2011 July
Colour: Haptic Blue
Mods: Hard trunkliner. Extreme roof rails with roof bars. "Rhino Rack" roof basket for the "Oz Tent". Left luggage drawer. "Dog Tent" thingy for a Yorkshire Terrorist. Front & rear parking sensers. Posh rugs. Protection Pack.
Very lucky here on the Wirral. Only had a light dusting of snow last night. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:23 pm 

snow

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:21 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail& audi ttr
Model: Sport Expedition
Year/Plate: 07/57
Colour: Atlas Blue
Mods: Nissan running boards, front wind deflectors
well we got the snow yesterday and over night, it must have snowed for a good 30 hours, there must be a good 10" of the stuff
i have just been clearing the path up to the front door ,and saw my neighbour,he works in lincoln city centre, approx 6 miles from here, they shut at 4 oclock yesterday, he got home at 9 20, with lincoln being in a valley all the roads are hills out off lincoln, the police were stopping cars from going up the hills as the gritters could not get up them, they were diverting the traffic to the bypass, which ofcourse coming west has a hill, and of course a couple of lorrys stuck on it ,holding all the traffic up.
dont you just love this weather

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 am 
Off Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 dCi Sport
Year/Plate: 55
Colour: Silver & dirt
Mods: Mods? Parka wearing scooter muppets? Deckchair in the face and a good kicking on Brighton beach, I say!
FFS! Came home before dark yesterday, parked the XT in the drive, the car (and the wife's RAV) was totally clear of the white stuff. Opened the front door this morning .....

.... that's another hour spent shovelling the white sh*te into a bigger pile on the front grass (won't be melting that lot until July I reckon!). Still, the XT was the first car out of my road this morning, found all the lumps and bumps where lesser cars had to be dug out, but refused to be pushed off it's course. Getting this car looks to be one of the best decisions I've ever made!

Oh yeah, police in Fife are now stopping & ticketing folk with snow on their car roof - £60 & 3 points. ****** good job, I say, could've made a quick £240 and 12 points out of the 4 muppets I followed for about ½ a mile this morning (one in a rolling igloo with about 1 sq.ft. of clear windscreen) - soon blatted past them once out of the twisties.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:18 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: T30 2.5 SVE auto
Year/Plate: 2003
Colour: Zinc
Mods: Lots of Big stainless steel 3 inch dia Bars all round, Pioneer Double Din Stereo with GPS Bluetooth etc. Egas LPG system for super fuel frugality! I refurbed the Alloys. Installed a VAP flashlube driptube system er thats it.
We now have six inches (in my part of Essex) and the XT has had no problems coping with it at all.

Kirriepete 'police in Fife are now stopping & ticketing folk with snow on their car roof - £60 & 3 points.'

Mines garaged over night but ***? Snow on the roof? Are you sure about this? So if I clear all the windows and not the roof it's £60 plus points? Why? OK it's irritating being behind a snow spraying vehicle but c'mon it's not dangerous is it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Model: 2.2 Di Sport(T30 - YD22ETI) Trans MT.F6
Year/Plate: Dec 51
Colour: Red AX6
EthanEdwards wrote:
We now have six inches (in my part of Essex) and the XT has had no problems coping with it at all.

Kirriepete 'police in Fife are now stopping & ticketing folk with snow on their car roof - £60 & 3 points.'

Mines garaged over night but ***? Snow on the roof? Are you sure about this? So if I clear all the windows and not the roof it's £60 plus points? Why? OK it's irritating being behind a snow spraying vehicle but c'mon it's not dangerous is it.
Apparently it's because it's been causing accidents, when you brake hard the snow all comes forward down onto your screen so you can't then see where you're going.

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:33 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Subaru
Model: Forester XT
Colour: Silver
You would have to be a bit "daft" to be polite, to drive any car with inches of snow on the roof. Good for the Fife boys in blue - showing some common sense. Amazes me to see people driving around with just a post box area cleared - they think this is quite safe do they - un-believable!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:24 pm 
Off Roader

Model: 2.2 dCi Sport
Year/Plate: 55
Colour: Silver & dirt
Mods: Mods? Parka wearing scooter muppets? Deckchair in the face and a good kicking on Brighton beach, I say!
Don't even have to brake for roof snow to block the screen - look at the shape of most modern cars with all their aerodynamic curves. Now imagine what happens when the car warms up, the roof gets warmer, the layer of snow in contact with the roof melts and .... WHOOSH!

Saw it happen on Monday to a guy in a Fiesta - he was driving past my Ma-in-laws place at about 15-20 mph when the snow just dropped over his screen. Wipers couldn't move, he couldn't see, he panic-braked and (naturally) skidded straight into the snowbank along the curb. Now imagine that there was somebody walking along the edge of the road there (they can't use the pavements here, cos they're ar$e deep in snow and road slush).

So people, do us all a favour and CLEAR YOUR F***ING ROOF!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next