Post subject: Re: Who's got snow then?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:10 am 
Xtrail Nut

Location: The Netherlands, Maartensdijk, centre of the country
Car:: Nissan X-Trail
Model: 1.6 Tekna 2 wheel drive
Year/Plate: 2018
Colour: Dark Brown
Mods: Dark brown with broken white upholstery. Tow-hook, fire extinguisher, LED Matrix headlights, LED interior and boot-light, handmade semi leather back-seat cover (dogs), booth-liner, wind deflectors, 4 seasons tires, BOSE audio + sub-woofer, Class 3 alarm
Guess what... We forgot the camera when leavin' for Germany last week... :oops: So, therefore a picture of last year (long before we even own our X Trail) of our back-garden instead. Hope you like it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:49 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail& audi ttr
Model: Sport Expedition
Year/Plate: 07/57
Colour: Atlas Blue
Mods: Nissan running boards, front wind deflectors
No snow , just a -10, according to the thermometer

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:55 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: X-Trail
Model: 2.0 dCi 173 Tekna Manual
Year/Plate: 2011 July
Colour: Haptic Blue
Mods: Hard trunkliner. Extreme roof rails with roof bars. "Rhino Rack" roof basket for the "Oz Tent". Left luggage drawer. "Dog Tent" thingy for a Yorkshire Terrorist. Front & rear parking sensers. Posh rugs. Protection Pack.
Still no snow here, but minus 3 degrees this morning, frosty & misty. Still, a drop of rum in the coffee will get the dog & I out for a walk to the pub! :biggrin:

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:00 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Subaru
Model: Forester XT
Colour: Silver
Great photos Scottie :thumbs:
We've got minus 4 this morning here in Dorset and an amazing frost - all the trees are white - great!
Spoke to my Mother in Glasgow last night and she came out with her usual wry comment of, "Aye, it's a wee bit chilly up here but it's "snow bad". I can see why I moved south now!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 Di Sport(T30 - YD22ETI) Trans MT.F6
Year/Plate: Dec 51
Colour: Red AX6
Scottie wrote:
phew!!! what a day anyone else from Central Scotland?? Hope you all got home ok and not still stuck on the M9 or M80 M8.

never in all my years have I seen it so bad in this area Normally take the M9 to work..... not today... still took me 2 hours normally 15mins to get into work. My mini went well and the road home took all the back roads no problems.
Good photos Scottie, I see on the news that people were stuck there all night in freezing conditions, what happened to keeping one of the lanes open was there no snow ploughs out then as they knew it was on it's way because they gave out the severe weather warning 24 hours before the last fall of snow.

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:20 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Robin
Model: Reliant
Year/Plate: 1970
Colour: Yellow
Mods: window wipers
snow ploughs I've seen only 3 in the past week and a bit and two were not even spreading. Ok I know once it reaches a certain temperature the salt no longer has any effect but honestly.

Also where I stay it is the street (in the pictures I posted) where the Fire Service and Ambulance use all the time as we have no sleeping policeman and as you can see no effort has been made by the local council to make it safe for them to use. It's a joke.

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:18 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Subaru
Model: Forester XT
Colour: Silver
Maybe that's why the government spokesman the other day was bragging about how much salt there is in Britain and that we have another 3000 odd tons being delivered in the coming weeks. If we carry on like this we will have a salt mountain as hardly any of it of it seems to being used on the roads around here either. At least we can all sleep at night though feeling satisfied and secure in in the knowledge that we have enough salt to last the whole year out - well more than a year in fact if we keep it locked up safe and sound in depots throughout the UK, rather than spreading it where it's needed - LIKE THE ROADS FOR INSTANCE!

And other countries wonder why Britain always comes to a standstill when we have bad weather :headbang:
Now come on, be fair - it has been a while since I had a V. Meldrew rant - maybe it's the the cold weather? No it's not. It's the total lack of forward thinking from the people we pay out taxes to to keep our roads safe - do they not watch the 45 weather forcasts we get every day warning of ice/snow/blizzards. My recent road tax re-newal could have bought enough salt to keep all the roads in Dorset clear but instead of that, no, I'm out there with a shovel trying to clear a path from here to what felt like Newcastle.........it's OK, I feel better now :lol:

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:48 am 
Xtrail Nut

Mods: Dark brown with broken white upholstery. Tow-hook, fire extinguisher, LED Matrix headlights, LED interior and boot-light, handmade semi leather back-seat cover (dogs), booth-liner, wind deflectors, 4 seasons tires, BOSE audio + sub-woofer, Class 3 alarm
Last week I was in north Germany and on the way to it, it was bad. Blizzards, cold (- 10 Celsius!!) etc. But... the roads were - and stayed - clean; also the inner roads. Lots of snowploughs sweeping the roads and spreading salt. I'll put a photo (later) to it, so you can see how much salt it was. The (black) X Trail; was white all over, even on top. Also on the small roads: clean! Not one slippery moment!
But... back in The Netherlands, directly over the border, roads were bad, bad, bad... 5 cm Snow and all traffic stops.... even trains.
Traffic jam all over the place, inner roads were not salted or ploughed so everybody falls on his/her ass. Great. :bigcry: :headbang: What a way to come home. Annoying.
But, England: there is no difference with our situation, so I read.
Last year it was that bad, that farmers of our village did it theirself. BIG tractors and manure-spreaders with sand and salt. Great!! :thumbs:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:01 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail& audi ttr
Model: Sport Expedition
Year/Plate: 07/57
Colour: Atlas Blue
Mods: Nissan running boards, front wind deflectors
A covering of snow in Lincoln this morning, a bit milder though -2 deg c

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:24 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Promised photographs

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.