Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

My other car

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Robbo 
#1 ·
Hi,

My other car is a R56 Mini Cooper D.

This is a picture of the car when I was collecting from the dealers. Had a few mods since then
really need to take some new pics.

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Here's my X-trail and my other car, a Freelander.

The Freelander needed a new clutch master and slave cylinders. Fitted them today, took 25 minutes from start to finish.
Cylinders come complete with pipework prefilled with fluid at a cost of £55.41 inc VAT and carriage. Pull off two clips, then untangle the pipes out of the other bits under the bonnet. No bleeding or adjustments of any kind.

I wish all cars were like that.

Roger.

Attachments

G
#3 ·
Hi all

It's bye bye to my X-Trail, hello to a Pathfinder.

The X-Trail, good as it was, couldn't tow what I wanted to tow while keeping within the recommended trailer weight of 85% of the towing vehicle's weight. In fact, I was towing a caravan which was 105% of the X-Trail's weight. Not at all safe, so a heavier car was indicated, hence the change.

For anyone who is not aware of this recommended safety limit, take the unladen weight of the towing vehicle (approx 1600kg for the X-Trail) and find 85% of that (1360kg). Although the X-Trail can tow 2000kg according to the manufacturers, it should not tow a high sided caravan with a fully laden weight of more than approx 1360kg. My caravan weighed more than the X-Trail, hence the change. Look on the Caravan Club's website for full details.

So, the end of an era. Still, the Pathfinder is similar to the X-Trail, rather like its bigger brother but without intercooler and turbo problems. I hope!

Roger

#5 ·
My other car is a 1992 998cc. micra, shed on wheels body style. Bought it at 12mnths. old 90000 on the clock.No problems so far!other than tyres exhausts ect. serviced by myself no corrosion. I can leave it at remote places in cumbria without worrying its going to get broken into and take it to the supermarket without worrying it gets bashed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.