All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: T31 Sat Nav
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:31 am 

Car:: Xtrail
Model: Aventura
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Grey
Mods: Interior lights.. DPF
Hi All. . Yes a keyboard error I meant X7 year I believe is from 2007 to 2009 it has a dvd based unit in the glove box later models have an sd card. The latest update available is 2013.
Works on my 2008 aventura. Although tmc does not work as with other threads here .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:40 pm 

Model: T31 Tekna
Year/Plate: 2011
Colour: bronze
Mods: Thule roof bars
1skevz wrote:
For those who might be interested. I ran the 2014/15 sat nav update this weekend. 1 setup disc and 4 map updates. In total took just over 2 hours and was straight forward.
Rather than leave the engine running which was what the instructions say, I switched the key (keyless entry) position to 1st accessory position so the nav unit was active but nothing else was lit. I connected a CTEK charger unit (which I have for my caravan) to the battery and just left it for 2 + hours just coming back to check and load the next disc.

I've just done the same update. The 2014/15 uses 2013 mapping but is still the most up to date for the X9 Premium. Its very very expensive in that respect but the original mapping didn't have roads that had been there at least 10 years. I had many problems on the HERE site as it wouldn't accept my unit number until I omitted the - from the number. It did take a long time, maybe two and a half hours in total. For most of it, I just left the engine running outside the house, but then went for an hours drive, which you can do as long as you don't turn off the ignition when loading the map discs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:38 pm 

Model: Tekna
Year/Plate: 2011
Colour: Black
Mods: Towing Bracket
Hi all,
Just updated the Satnav on my 2011 Tekna and thought how it went might be interesting to someone. I got the discs from 'Here', the firm used by Nissan for their Satnavs. It cost the outrageous sum of £145.00 plus postage and comes from the Netherlands. The package arrived (a bit battered) a day late but that was down to UPS who still haven't given me a reason for it!
The update discs are the 'Connect Premium (X9.0) Europe V4' and although it doesn't actually say it, it is supposed to be the 2015 update.There are 5 discs in a sealed DVD plastic box. After an initial cock-up which was more my fault really but still cost me two phone calls to Here I managed to do the update. The Application Software Disc took 20 minutes to load. Map Discs 1 & 2 took approx. 35 minutes each. Map Disc 3 took 48 minutes and Map Disc 4 took 5 minutes. I haven't tried the system 'in anger' yet but it appears to have remembered my Home location and Previous Destinations (one plus is it now shows the lane outside our house which has only been there for 500 years but the original map didn't show it :!: )
In a sort of answer to one question I have read somewhere on this forum, I think that the discs will work on any system that has the same head unit as mine (mine said 92-61100709 as the Unit ID)
Attachment:
Nissan 002.JPG

If your head unit looks like that and/or the Nissan website says that the Connect Premium (X9.0) is the discs you require then I think the discs will work as they come in a manufacturers sealed box so I can't see them making individual sets for every unit (you would need the Access/Licence Code though which comes with the discs).

Anyway, the update seems to have worked even though it took ages of sitting in the car with the engine running and not daring to switch anything else on in case I screwed everything up. As a slight aside, during the time the engine (diesel) was running the instrument panel showed I had used 10 miles worth of fuel :o

Hope that may be of interest.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:58 am 

Narrowboater wrote:
Hi all,
Just updated the Satnav on my 2011 Tekna and thought how it went might be interesting to someone. I got the discs from 'Here', the firm used by Nissan for their Satnavs. It cost the outrageous sum of £145.00 plus postage and comes from the Netherlands. The package arrived (a bit battered) a day late but that was down to UPS who still haven't given me a reason for it!
The update discs are the 'Connect Premium (X9.0) Europe V4' and although it doesn't actually say it, it is supposed to be the 2015 update.There are 5 discs in a sealed DVD plastic box. After an initial cock-up which was more my fault really but still cost me two phone calls to Here I managed to do the update. The Application Software Disc took 20 minutes to load. Map Discs 1 & 2 took approx. 35 minutes each. Map Disc 3 took 48 minutes and Map Disc 4 took 5 minutes. I haven't tried the system 'in anger' yet but it appears to have remembered my Home location and Previous Destinations (one plus is it now shows the lane outside our house which has only been there for 500 years but the original map didn't show it :!: )
In a sort of answer to one question I have read somewhere on this forum, I think that the discs will work on any system that has the same head unit as mine (mine said 92-61100709 as the Unit ID)
Attachment:
Nissan 002.JPG

If your head unit looks like that and/or the Nissan website says that the Connect Premium (X9.0) is the discs you require then I think the discs will work as they come in a manufacturers sealed box so I can't see them making individual sets for every unit (you would need the Access/Licence Code though which comes with the discs).

Anyway, the update seems to have worked even though it took ages of sitting in the car with the engine running and not daring to switch anything else on in case I screwed everything up. As a slight aside, during the time the engine (diesel) was running the instrument panel showed I had used 10 miles worth of fuel :o

Hope that may be of interest.

Hi all, 1st post on here, so hello!!

Have the T31 2010 Tekna, my head unit is the same a pictured on the reply above, and the sat nav is completely out of date, and I also have the blutooth connection problems as others have described on here in different posts. Nissan wanted £300+++ for the sat nav update, and apparently there is no software update to fix the bluetooth compatibility. So thinking of changing the entire head unit for a decent one with sat nav, bluetooth, DAB etc. Anyone know if this can be done so I still get to use the reversing camera and steering wheel controls?

Not too sure where to start!!

Aiden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:05 am 
Soft Roader

It's certainly possible, although I've given up trying to get the steering wheel controls working.