Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Saying hi from the Netherlands

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Fuggles 
#1 ·
Hello,
My name is jeroen and i'm from the Netherlands and recently i own a X-Trail 2,5 Columbia from 2006
Full with options,leather interiour, xenon lights tinted windows sunroof etc etc Great car, and serviced by the dealer.
In the Netherlands there is not a forum about the X-Trail and i can't find a workshop manual
so i started searching on the net and came to this site. I gonna use this forum as a technical guide line ;)

Recently i got new brake pads and disks and change my gear oil with Kroon oil Syngear 75W90 Gl-4/5 semi synthetic
When i shift from 1-2 its not smooth no grinding or noices but i little bit......... (dont know the word in english :p )
I drain the oil from below, and filled it up at the top of the gearbox. I put 2.3L in it.
But how can you decently check the level.

i know at my other cars, there is a drainplug below and halfway the gearbox there is another plug and you can fil it up untill its dripping out this hole (much easyer) i had seen that my box has also a second plug right behind a black ground cable, i dont know if i can use it
for checking the level. Anyone has i idea?

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.