Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

TYres

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ndrk 
#1 ·
At last! Winter tyres that you can leave on all season.

Just fitted 4 NEXEN N-PRINZ 4S 215/60R17 96H tyres to my 2009 T31.

These tyres are the latest technology, and not to be confused with M&S tyres that are usually pretty unsatisfactory.

They are unidirectional & classed as all season, but have the SNOWFLAKE symbol, which means they are legal on european alpine roads in winter.

The tyres have been on for a few weeks, and I have covered about 1000 miles so far in RURAL SCOTLAND, on A roads, and rough uphill tracks, in mud, rain, and ice, with superb grip. (no snow yet) Road noise is absolutely minimal, and handling/ride quality is great, also no deterioration in fuel consumption - I think a slight improvement by about 1 mpg.

I purchased the 4 tyres on line from a UK retailer for £280.00 inclusive of vat & free delivery. Fitting & balancing cost £40.00 So a total £320.00 I think is damn good value?

So check them out!
The Nexen USA site has the best info page (look under high performance tyre)

The bad news is I don't think they come in 18''

See less See more
#2 ·
You're right......sadly they don't come in 215/55/18". I've just had 4 Falkens fitted for £111 each which I don't think is too bad a price when you bear in mind that the only alternative would have been a Continental at £170 each. The list price for the Conti is over £200!

The Falken has a very similar (or better) rating than the Conti too, though whether that'll still be the case when they're half worn I don't know.

I wonder if Nissan will give more thought when selecting wheel/tyre size for the next generation X Trail.........I wouldn't put money on it!

#3 ·
but why not use tire sizes more available?
I run 235/65 R17 on my T31 instead of OEM size. It is about largest you can fit. Any larger than that will rub front strut's spring bed. Currently I have about 10mm clearance and my tires are at least 5mm worn. So brand new set will shrink clearance to about 5mm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.