Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Who's got snow then?

20K views 49 replies 13 participants last post by  Wimbo 
#1 ·
Who's going to be first to post some good snow photos then? Down here in the SW there are loads of brass monkeys running around with vacant expresions but as yet, no snow :sad:

Get your cameras out guys - would love to see some snow scenes with XTrails

#15 ·
not so hot then elrick, i heard that a town in wales recorded -18.7 degs ,that was with out the wind chill
i can remember working in Quebeck in 1999, -45 in the wind,that was cold,every part of your body had to covered, not very nice, but when the temp reached -10 degs it felt very mild, it was very strange, i spent 17 weeks there and most of it was in winter time

#16 ·
Had a bout 2 inches of snow yesterday but it didn't hang around long - few bits left that are now just frozen lumps.
1 degree today but felt like minus 20! May see some more this week but not holding out too much hope on this. Aberdeenshire is certainly getting it pretty chilly (tonights under-statement folks)

#17 ·
-10 on saturday went out to clear driveway and within min utes hands were numb and hurting.
had about 8 inches so far. strangely the snow started to melt last night when i was going to bed. got up this morning and there was another 1.5 inches of snow.

lost my exy to wife and my mother :bigcry: . (moved back in with mother while house is being done up). her bmw is terrible in snowy weather. and wife is scared witless to go out unless in my car. ****** women.

daveyboy, my patterdale loves the snow too

#18 ·
Can sympathize with your wife there - that's why I changed my BMW for an X Trail last Christmas - drives like a skateboard on Vasaline in the ice/snow and there was no way that my wife would even be in the car, let alone drive it. Thought it may be worth keeping it just for that reason but decided against it :lol:

#19 ·
we had quite a lot up here in the north east about 8" here in darlington and looked deeper on tyneside when i was up there, been down farm tracks and side roads today the xthandled it with aplomb even when passing all the other cars stuck in the snow, the weathermen are talking about another 10" up here tonight all i can say is bring it on lol

#20 ·
Spent most of today digging piles of 'Global Warming' out of the way - the XT, the wife's RAV4, a path for Jasmine the Wonder Dachshund to go for a pi$$ without disappearing, another path at Ma-in-law's so her dog can do the same.

Then had to assist a neighbour with one of those funny FWD boxes (and a lead-lined right boot) so he could stop spinning his wheels and actually get the car out of the way for when (if?) a plough comes round here.

XT on road tyres (Pirelli rear, Dunlop front) didn't bat an eyelid at the conditions, used 'Lock' to get it through the deep stuff at the edge of the drive, then back to 'Auto' for everything else. Even the wife's RAV (2.0 petrol with a slushbox .... !) made Mondeo-man look silly.

#25 ·
well we got the snow yesterday and over night, it must have snowed for a good 30 hours, there must be a good 10" of the stuff
i have just been clearing the path up to the front door ,and saw my neighbour,he works in lincoln city centre, approx 6 miles from here, they shut at 4 oclock yesterday, he got home at 9 20, with lincoln being in a valley all the roads are hills out off lincoln, the police were stopping cars from going up the hills as the gritters could not get up them, they were diverting the traffic to the bypass, which ofcourse coming west has a hill, and of course a couple of lorrys stuck on it ,holding all the traffic up.
dont you just love this weather

#26 ·
FFS! Came home before dark yesterday, parked the XT in the drive, the car (and the wife's RAV) was totally clear of the white stuff. Opened the front door this morning .....

.... that's another hour spent shovelling the white sh*te into a bigger pile on the front grass (won't be melting that lot until July I reckon!). Still, the XT was the first car out of my road this morning, found all the lumps and bumps where lesser cars had to be dug out, but refused to be pushed off it's course. Getting this car looks to be one of the best decisions I've ever made!

Oh yeah, police in Fife are now stopping & ticketing folk with snow on their car roof - £60 & 3 points. ****** good job, I say, could've made a quick £240 and 12 points out of the 4 muppets I followed for about ½ a mile this morning (one in a rolling igloo with about 1 sq.ft. of clear windscreen) - soon blatted past them once out of the twisties.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.